Oilers part ways with Smyth to Islanders

JetNation

After thinking about it it really isnt THAT much considering Nolan didnt like Nilsoson all that much, he showed up in camp this year with a poor work ethic and thats a huge no-no for Nolan. I think Nilsson has the potential to be a dynamite offensive player in this league, but he really isnt a nolan type of guy.

O'Mara is a very nice player but all projections have him being a solid two way 3rd line center in the NHL. Thats nice to have, but its not like we traded away Pat LaFontaine here. We can always sign a Mike Sillinger in free agency.

As for the first rounder - this is a very weak ddraft from all accounts and if you've noticed a lot of teams were giving them up this year.

Not tyrin gto tell you we gave away nothing. We gave away some good pieces but considering the type of player we got in return in the eastern conference no less it really isnt that bad. I mean Edmonton is in a state of shock today and they are comparing this loss to when they traded Gretzky and Messier.

We MUST resign this guy in the offseason or this trade will be an absolute abortion

After thinking about it it really isnt THAT much considering Nolan didnt like Nilsoson all that much, he showed up in camp this year with a poor work ethic and thats a huge no-no for Nolan. I think Nilsson has the potential to be a dynamite offensive player in this league, but he really isnt a nolan type of guy.

O'Mara is a very nice player but all projections have him being a solid two way 3rd line center in the NHL. Thats nice to have, but its not like we traded away Pat LaFontaine here. We can always sign a Mike Sillinger in free agency.

As for the first rounder - this is a very weak ddraft from all accounts and if you've noticed a lot of teams were giving them up this year.

Not tyrin gto tell you we gave away nothing. We gave away some good pieces but considering the type of player we got in return in the eastern conference no less it really isnt that bad. I mean Edmonton is in a state of shock today and they are comparing this loss to when they traded Gretzky and Messier.

We MUST resign this guy in the offseason or this trade will be an absolute abortion

I agree 57, he must be resigned, and we MUST make the playoffs, or this trade will haunt Garth for a while...

But today, right now, I'm freaking ecstatic. And I get 2 games on TV this week here in VA, Isles/Caps on Sat (in HD, no less) & Isles/Rangers on Monday.

Looking forward to the playoff push!

Horrendous loss lastnight, but the kind of loss that can get a team "back on track." The Islanders have played defense like a swinging door the last two games and they finally payed for it.

Anyway, this is certain after one game. Ryan Smyth is a friggin assassin. What a player. Sign this guy. PLEASE!

Archived