Jets/Giants revisited

LionelRichie

i watched the giants game again on NFLn and here are my thoughts. i don't think the game was as bad as it seemed live:

1. bender wasn't that bad. yes, he got beat 2x on pass plays but not only did he come from an option college program he is also switching from R to L and from OT to OG. i actually thought he did ok.

2. the right side of the line was worse than the left. moore and clement can't get out of their own way. they were both equally terrible and really killed the running game.

3. vilma - looked completely lost out there. he continues to move sideways and backwards to avoid blocks rather than moving forward. he is always 5-10 yds down field once a guard gets his hands on him. if he wasn't "vilma" he would just be competing for a starting job with harris and/or barton who both move forward and shed blocks.

4. there should be a QB controversy. clemens looked sharp, pennington not so much. chadwick is a little too comfortable as the starter right now and kellen, though quiet, is pushing him. if the competition was open kellen would be the QB right now.

5. revis is the real deal.

6. b thomas still cannot get off of blocks rushing the passer. once he gets tied up by the tackle he is shot. look for bowens on 3rd and longs.

7. this team is going to have a good season. they showed absolutely nothing in this game and they will be prepared during the regular season. i actually think the jets will beat the pats openning day: 27-24 nugent kicks a game winner.

Archived