Remembering the high...

Ryno the Jet

I've been viewing the 2006 Colts version of America's Game on NFL Network tonight. They skimmed through the highlight of the Jets/Colts 41-0 playoff game. I could not help but think about how promising things appeared for the Gang Green after that win. Soon to follow, Manning begins to ramble about deciding to run the "no huddle" based on film of the Patriots using the Jets' defense like a tool with said "no huddle" scheme. Today, I am forced to watch this crappola, instead of reflecting on my team holding up the Lombardi. I am all for Tangini & Co. and the direction this franchise is heading, but the cynical side of me says this is redoux. Perhaps this is merely opening day eve jitters, but I am so thirsty for a great Jets season. Visions of '98 dancing in my head; Vinny and the Jets; THIS IS OUR YEAR! Alas, some douche bag predicts 3-13 for likely the 30th time since '69. I try to convince myself this o-line is more than meets the eye. This team will be better than expected; yatta, yatta, yatta. I am realistic and I do not think the Jets will go all the way this year; however, I do expect significant progress by '08. If no AFC Championship bid by 2010, then it is same ol' Jets and adios Mangini. Not this time; I hope, wish, and pray to the God(s) of all faiths. This story is getting old. I am tired of remembering the high, only to take the fall...

2003_0105a.jpg

Why can't it be our year? Why do we have to build to our year? The hell with that, let's come out of nowhere and surprise everyone. Let's have Chad become the #1 QB in the league. Let's have TJ and LW combined outperform LT. Let's have Coles and Cotch in the pro bowl. Let's have Revis become the best CB in the league.

Why can't Bender lead the way for the #1 rushing attack in the league? Fine he can't pass block, but who cares he is a guard, and Brick can pass block just fine.

Yeah it's not likely but man **** it, don't just give up for no reason.

I haven't bought the farm, but I have had enough of fluff filled pre-seasons. The o-line play thus far has been a huge punch in the face for me. No chance we can be productive with the type of effort shown to date. I honestly think the defense will progress as the year goes on, but the offense must be able to contribute. We are not talking a bearsesque D, so we will need more than a sexy-rexy show.

I haven't bought the farm, but I have had enough of fluff filled pre-seasons. The o-line play thus far has been a huge punch in the face for me. No chance we can be productive with the type of effort shown to date. I honestly think the defense will progress as the year goes on, but the offense must be able to contribute. We are not talking a bearsesque D, so we will need more than a sexy-rexy show.

I agree on the defense getting better as the season gets farther and farther along. It got its collective act together down the stretch last season with stopping the run, and Id like to think it could stiffen quicker this year.

Oh yeah. We the crowd were going absolutely ape **** that we were about to beat the Colts and had a feeling like, "Wow, I guess we're going to be a really good team this season after all". Same ol' Jets once again struck the Meadowlands on that day.

Archived