Pennington

Bravejamriot

I could see us swindling a 2nd rounder for him-hell the Dolphins gave a 2nd rounder for that guy I don't even remember the name of a few years back-Someone said (TJ I think) that he believes Minnesota will make a play for him since he does real well in domed stadiums

oh yea it was A.J. Feeley from Philly

Wow, that would be awesome to get a second for him.

and Feeley was a back-up. Say what we will about Chad there are a lot of teams out there that wish they had him-even still, and prolly think with different game planning than what Brian Schott had been serving up that he could still win in this league-I also think Herm might make a play for him this winter

What would his trade value even be after the season. I can't see the Jets getting more than a 4th Rounder if they are really lucky. Is there anything to compare this to in the recent past?

Depends on how bad the Niners, Vikings, KC or Falcons want him.

Bobby Petrino may want a veteran to start while Brian Brohm sits on the bench (yeah I'm already talking like the Falcons are going to draft Brohm).

Niners may and should give up on Alex Smith. If he doesn't get fired this off-season, Nolan needs to win next year and he's going to want a capable veteran QB like Chad.

Everyone keeps saying Chad is going to the Vikings. Childress is in love with Tararis Jackson, in spite of the fact the guy has yet to play 1 good game in the pros. He may still want a vet to back-up Jackson in case he goes down again with an injury or just sucks.

Then there's Kansas City. Seems like a logical landing point for Chad except for the fact that Damon Huard is still playing well enough to be the starter there. Also the FO there still believes in Brodie Croyle, the one QB in the NFL who is more injury prone than Chad.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Tanenbaum got a 3rd round pick from one of these teams. After Donovan McNabb, Chad might be the best available QB on the market next off-season.

I think that benching him could be the best thing that could happen to Chad FOR Chad-a lot of people are going to look at what happened this season and say you know what this was an aberration-Chad was put in untenable situations with the way this defense made him always play catch up-even when he was ahead.I'd say we can get a second rounder for him

Archived