Good win..

pjam76

It was a good win.. As I said before about a make or break game, they came out with passion and intensity. KC was good in the 1st Quarter and the defense played with fire we haven't seen all season.

Having said all that, once again they were outplayed in the second half, didn't score, and almost lost another game... The positives I take out of this game are that the coaching staff made some changes and took more chances on defense. The defense looked good today.

The offense, besides one or two drives, was poor again. We keep harping on how bad the defense is, but in reality, it's the offense that stinks. With KC or Chad, it doesn't seem to matter. With TJ getting 100 yards, it still doesn't seem to matter. Whatever the reason, they can't put the ball into the end zone and they can't score in the second half.

Maybe Schotty isn't that good of an OC, who knows.

I do have some faith that things can be changed around, but then again, it's an ongoing make or break theme guess... If they come out and lose 30-10 to the Cowboys, did we really learn anything from this game?

The only consistency with this team seems to be that the offense stinks, the defense has a lot of weaknesses, but at least we've seen the Defense show signs of life today. The Offense really wasn't that good last year, and they sure can't score this year.

Lets hope KC improves week to week, but so far, I don't know what the problem with this offense really is... You can't say the OL stinks in a game where TJ runs for 117 yards. Or in a game where KC and the offense drive 79 yards for a game tying FG.

At least on the defense we know the DL, the CB and ILB need to be upgraded. Even if we added another OL or two, what would that do at this point? Get TJ another 20 yards rushing. Heck they scored 16 rushing TDS last season with a bad OL. It sure didn't make this offense any good.

A guy like Long won't improve them for a few years. The guy from Pittsburgh would improve them, but I doubt they'll trade or sign another Kendall like attitude problem.

When your running back rushes for 100+ yards and they still can't score, there is a problem far more than the OL with this offense. Hopefully it's just that KC is young and needs to figure out blitzes, routes, and develop a chemistry with his receivers. But say what you want, I wouldn't mind bringing in a guy like Chad Johnson on top of a couple of OL and DL next season.... Because as much as I like Coles and Cotchery, they aren't exactly anything to brag about most of the time.

When your offense averages about 3 points in the second half for most of the season, regardless of the QB, something is wrong.

Maybe it's not Mangini, it's Schotty Jr..... At some point you have to score.

Archived