Jets offered to make Samuel highest paid defensive player.

Alk

if what he says is true i hope he gets a career ending injury. whether or not hes been sucking off belicheck since the beginning of his career should have just denied the offer politely saying thats not where i will feel is the best place to show my true talent or something. not being a prick by trying to bash the jets **** what did we do...yall were the ones ****ing video taping us get off our nuts about it. aint our fault yall camera man is sloppy

Samuels knew he was a product of a system and wanted to go to a team with the best secondary so even if he doesn't put up great numbers they can say he is enabling his teammates too or something stupid like that.

if what he says is true i hope he gets a career ending injury. whether or not hes been sucking off belicheck since the beginning of his career should have just denied the offer politely saying thats not where i will feel is the best place to show my true talent or something. not being a prick by trying to bash the jets **** what did we do...yall were the ones ****ing video taping us get off our nuts about it. aint our fault yall camera man is sloppy

He left the Patriots because they wouldn't pay him, not because he really wanted to leave. He wants to be paid what he thinks he's worth. I think he went to the NFC rather than the Jets is because he would not feel comfortable going against his former teammates twice a year so soon. Also there's a bitter rivalry between the Patriots and the Jets and he wasn't going to the arch rival. He is probably still a Jets hater and that keeps him in good stead with any fans and friends he has in Foxboro. No matter what, there is no reason at all to wish him or any other player a career ending injury.

This is BS. Samuel would've never turned down a cent.

I think so. For all you know, it was Tannenbaum calling up Samuel's agent last-minute & asking if he would take 10 years $80M (or whatever number) just to make sure the Jets didn't miss out on an unexpectedly lower contract. That's not an offer per se, but it could be portrayed as such.

I don't believe it. Speculation had it that the Jets were interested in meeting with Samuel. That doesn't equate to offering him a big contract and that's not how the Jets go about business. ESPN talking heads must be dreaming.

WHAT? :shock: Have you been paying any attention to what they have been doing this past week? I'm pretty sure if I walked in their door this afternoon they would hand me at least $1,000 just for my effort. :lol:

He left the Patriots because they wouldn't pay him, not because he really wanted to leave. He wants to be paid what he thinks he's worth. I think he went to the NFC rather than the Jets is because he would not feel comfortable going against his former teammates twice a year so soon. Also there's a bitter rivalry between the Patriots and the Jets and he wasn't going to the arch rival. He is probably still a Jets hater and that keeps him in good stead with any fans and friends he has in Foxboro. No matter what, there is no reason at all to wish him or any other player a career ending injury.

according to the post we were willing to dish out more money than the eagles, and samuels bashing us isnt professional i could careless. i wouldnt give a damn if he gets injured and ends his career i will be humored by it actually. samuels pulling that stunt makes romanowski look like a decent guy.

Archived