Met Justin McCareins yesterday

InstantClassic

well as much as I hate J Mac I think he was a team player..this past year he took a pay cut and volunteered to play special teams in order to stay on the team. The guy tried just things did not work out. Sometimes when things start dropping they never stop. Off the field the guy was as friendly as it comes with the fans.

Well let's put it in perspective, he took a pay cut off of that CRAZY Bradway contract. Which (and I don't have the #s in front of me) was still higher than what he will make this year. He took a pay cut to a figure that will probably be the highest total he will make for the rest of his life.

Nice guy yes, great teammate. Hard worker, no doubt. But Bradway overpaid for him and he underperformed. So the dropped passes are going to be an issue (and mentioned). Someone else in this thread seemed to suggest that we should just talk about what a swell guy he was and wish him well.

:shutit:

How do we know he was a team player? He spent a ton of time in Mangini's dog house. I would take someone who performs on the field first. That is what the Jets need more of. They have a lot of nice guys already. Nice guys are great on Thanksgiving when the team is handing out turkeys. But come dame day it just doesn't get the job done.

your response to me...

<so you would prefer a guy who could give a sh!t about the jets and just is out for himself and his stats??>

Well let's put it in perspective, he took a pay cut off of that CRAZY Bradway contract. Which (and I don't have the #s in front of me) was still higher than what he will make this year. He took a pay cut to a figure that will probably be the highest total he will make for the rest of his life.

Nice guy yes, great teammate. Hard worker, no doubt. But Bradway overpaid for him and he underperformed. So the dropped passes are going to be an issue (and mentioned). Someone else in this thread seemed to suggest that we should just talk about what a swell guy he was and wish him well.

:shutit:

your response to 4H... lol

so he says it ..you agree with him... but i say it .. and it is to be questioned... sure try and get me to go back to the lounge... well it aint gonna work buster.. i am gonna post here no matter how hard you try... i am loud i am proud and i love football... :P

thanks 4H for backing me up, by the by ;)

...he then proceeded to drop his ice cream cone.

very few posts make me literally laugh out loud. This one did, especially since it was the one right after the original post. And I'm in a computer lab in a school that only has two other girls in the room. It was worth it though.

you guys are mean. i liked justin. he was respectful and intelligent and was a team player. ok so he didnt make some crucial catches, but he has a nice smile.

i wish him the best in TN.

I'll tell you what, when we play Tennessee next year and he can pull a baltimore game vs us (Drop the game winning TD and then tip a pass in the air for the game sealing pick) then maybe, maybe I'll forgive him.

Archived