Arlen Specter coming to my local bookstore!

PLAYMAKER 29

I forgot the date, but I live in huntington, and in town theres a book revue. They always have people coming to sign the books they wrote. I'm walking by, and it says Arlen Specter. I wonder if any NFL fans will go down there, and just make their case known that the Pats should be punished severley. If I go by again i'll come back with the date, but if your around go stop by and check.

Just though i'd share.

go and ask him if he feels that he has a conflict of interest with this since comcast is one of his biggest contributors? You know, the cable company with a huge beef with the NFL?

ask him why no other senator seems to give a sh!t about this?

ask him why the govt has not forced Mr Walsh to release these tapes?

go and ask him if he feels that he has a conflict of interest with this since comcast is one of his biggest contributors? You know, the cable company with a huge beef with the NFL?

ask him why no other senator seems to give a sh!t about this?

ask him why the govt has not forced Mr Walsh to release these tapes?

Some research from a Pats fan about Levy; the lawyer representing Walsh.

So a little more research shows that Swidler et al is a major telecommunications lawfirm with very strong fundraising ties to Capital Hill - that recently merged with the other aforementioned firm Bingham McCutchen LLP - making them a juggernaut when it comes to political donations (about $1 million in the 2004-2008 election cycles... see OpenSecrets.org)

http://www.newtelephony.com/news/63h11628315749.html

Swidler /Bingham McCutchen are also the lawyers for AT&T - which is owned by Comcast

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/techinv...tt-comcast.htm

If you search for Swidler /Bingham McCutchen and AT&T you'll actually find a long and broad amount of profitable litigation in matters involving the FCC (as opposed for searching for cases specifically mentioning Comcast) but again, Comcast owns AT&T so its all the same.

So to recap - Michael Levy - who was working for Comcast's lawfirm(s) & political donors Swidler/Bingham McCutchen as recently as 2005 (according to his political donations on OpenSecrets.org) is now representing a client who is embroiled in a matter closely linked to a pissing match between the NFL, Comcast and the FCC.

What financial, political or business interest Levy and his new lawfirm have in helping his former lawfirm(s) is unknown - but if anyone's looking for a link between Levy and Comcast, its right there to be found with just a relatively little amount of internet digging.

Some research from a Pats fan about Levy; the lawyer representing Walsh.

so, everyone has comcast in their pockets....

what a friggin surprise.

Just so people dont think Im a Patsie lover like Gainzo... I am all for Mr. Walsh releasing the tapes and proving more wrongdoing by the Pats. I want everything to come out. If the Pats lied, I want them dealt with.

If this is just more crap between the cable companies and the NFL i just want it to end.

If Mr. Specter really wants the truth and for this to not be tainted he must recuse himself. The NFL has an excuse if anything bad comes out of this, calling it a witch hunt by a senator who is watching out for his contributors.

And if Mr. Specter tries to eliminate the Anti Trust exemption which he has called for since 2006, the NFL will blow him out of the water based on his conflict of interest.

so, everyone has comcast in their pockets....

what a friggin surprise.

Just so people dont think Im a Patsie lover like Gainzo... I am all for Mr. Walsh releasing the tapes and proving more wrongdoing by the Pats. I want everything to come out. If the Pats lied, I want them dealt with.

If this is just more crap between the cable companies and the NFL i just want it to end.

If Mr. Specter really wants the truth and for this to not be tainted he must recuse himself. The NFL has an excuse if anything bad comes out of this, calling it a witch hunt by a senator who is watching out for his contributors.

And if Mr. Specter tries to eliminate the Anti Trust exemption which he has called for since 2006, the NFL will blow him out of the water based on his conflict of interest.

Stop making sense. Speculation, rumors and innuendo about the Pats makes JN posters happy.

BTW: BC just won. Lets go UVM.

Archived