NES | WR & TE Preview

rick34125

The only 2 WRs worth taking with our #36 pick are Sweed and Kelly and they will probably be off the board in the 1st round. For this reason we should grab a CB in the 2nd round where will get more value and therefore if Gholston and Mcfadden are available at #6 we should go offense with Mcfadden.

The only 2 WRs worth taking with our #36 pick are Sweed and Kelly and they will probably be off the board in the 1st round. For this reason we should grab a CB in the 2nd round where will get more value and therefore if Gholston and Mcfadden are available at #6 we should go offense with Mcfadden.

If James Hardy is there the Jets need to get him. At the very worst case scenario he is going to be a nice 3rd receiver and endzone threat.

DB's have a very tough time defending taller receivers in the endzone. Leonard Pope in Arizona caught 5 TD passes his second season as a part-time TE. Why? He's 6'6.

Hardy will improve the TE/INT ratio for whoever is the Jets QB next season and beyond.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20080312_2_B2_spanc85465

Looks like April 9th.

OU Notebook: Lil' Admiral

By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer 3/12/2008

Easy choice: Wide receiver Malcolm Kelly didn't work out because he's still recovering from a strained thigh muscle. He and Reggie Smith (broken toe in the Big 12 championship game) will work out for scouts at OU on April 9.

Kelly said skipping his senior year wasn't a hard decision.

"When I heard (first round), there's too much to chance it to come back," he said. "OU's going to win with Malcolm Kelly or without Malcolm Kelly. They're going to win Big 12 championships with me or without me. I would have loved to have been a part of it, but this team is a whole lot bigger than me."

Kelly hasn't had a pro day yet due to injury. Coming up in April and McShay from scouts inc. says he will run a 4.4 flat. We shall see...

Maybe that's what it was. Ok.State had its pro day & he didn't participate.

What's his injury? Seems he had a lot of time to heal after the season ended. What's going to happen to him if he gets banged up during the season a little? Sit out for 2-3 months every time?

Possible that he wasn't THAT injured, but injured enough to cut 0.1 or more off his 40 time. If that's the case, I don't blame him for not running. A 4.6 or worse at the combine would cost him several million dollars. It was just a workout, not a real game. They do pay too much attention to minuscule differences in 40-times. He's not going to convince every team that it's not so important how he runs indoors without pads on, so he might as well not run at all (or wait until he's 100%).

Archived