Mets name Pelfrey fifth starter; El Duque on DL?

JetNation

I'd much rather the Mets give Pelfrey a chance to fail, then to see the old man break down when the team needs him the most.

Good point. The age/health of Hernandez and Pedro HAVE to be a concern over a 162 game season. Thank God Glavine left or I'd really be worried. Maine looked good yesterday, 4 innings no runs to start the game.

Good point. The age/health of Hernandez and Pedro HAVE to be a concern over a 162 game season. Thank God Glavine left or I'd really be worried. Maine looked good yesterday, 4 innings no runs to start the game.

Maine looks like a stud, and has pitched that way the whole Spring. He was awesome the first half of last year and probably ran out of gas a little bit down the stretch. I have as much confidence in him as anyone. He was spectacular last year when the Mets needed him the most, until Glavine shat the bed the last game of the year.

Maine looks like a stud, and has pitched that way the whole Spring. He was awesome the first half of last year and probably ran out of gas a little bit down the stretch. I have as much confidence in him as anyone. He was spectacular last year when the Mets needed him the most, until Glavine shat the bed the last game of the year.

And to think Maine was just a throw in player on another deal. BTW Can we NOT mention Glavine's last game anymore? :biggrin:

Archived