Jets News 5/ 22/ 08

Kentucky Jet

MANGINI MUM ON SPYGATE NY POST

By BRIAN LEWIS

Eric ManginiJetsNew York Jets , New And Old, Bond Over BowlingJets' quarterback Chad PenningtonChad Pennington says the team is excited about the new young players for the upcoming season.

May 22, 2008 --

Eric Mangini steadfastly avoids talking about Spygate, and that didn't change at yesterday's charity bowling function at Chelsea Piers.

But no matter how long the scandal drags on, the Jet coach insists it's no distraction, and praises NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

"It's been around for a little while now," Mangini said. "It's something that I believe is a league matter. I've treated it as a league matter, and I really respect the commissioner and the decision that he makes, and I'll continue to do that.

"We have so many things happening right now with the rookies coming in, the free agents ... [and] trying to prepare for '08 that we're just going day to day. Our belief system is always working one day at a time, moving forward."

So far, that moving forward has been without tight end Chris BakerChris Baker , who is boycotting the voluntary "Organized Team Activities" because he's vexed with his contract. Mangini said he expects Baker to be at mandatory mini-camp June 5.

SHARE BOX

Q&A With Jets Guard Brandon Moore

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 9:32 pm by Gary Grund

New York Jets starting right guard Brandon Moore is in his first year as a player representative in the NFL Players Union. In his sixth season, the 27-year old stated that his job as a representative keeps him on his toes. He did a quick interview with the NFL Players Union website.

On the players union

Steroids dealer gives evidence to the NFL

By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT

Published: May 22, 2008

David Jacobs, a convicted steroids dealer from Plano, Tex., provided documentary evidence to N.F.L. officials on Wednesday that his lawyer said tied several players to the use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Henry E. Hockeimer Jr., Jacobs

Archived