POTW Bot

Not much to say on this day:

american-half-staff-flag.jpgflags48.gif

On to the nominations...

-----

Topic: I have a BAD feeling about IKE

You live in Raleigh....what are you worried about

It's us in the Low Country that really have something to worry about

worried for people in areas that will be hit..

i am a nice caring guy ;-)

The Nomination: "Oh sure...you care......for the skirt...lol" JonEJet

Editor's Note: Caring nice guy with an eye for beach babes, perhaps. JonEJet == bullseye.jpg

Topic: I have a BAD feeling about IKE

jumped from 1 to 3 in 3 hrs last night didn't it? Ike will wreak havoc.

not to get all political but it makes ya wanna move to alaska don't it?

All Alaska is good for is Natural Gas pipelines and MILFs.

Oh wait....

[url=http://www.jetnation.com/forums/member.php?u=140]Editor's Note: Introducing Madame MILF - um, I mean - Vice Presdient, Mrs. Pallin....but WTF with the names of those kids?

Topic: DOLPHINS/ jets

Any clown who thinks the Jets have a chance at beating the Dolphins on Sunday are out of touch with reality. There is absolutely ZERO chance that the Jets can stop our running or passing game. There is no way the Jets will stop Ginn on returns.....and there will be lots of punts. Favre will post a minimum of 3 Int's. You have no running game. You have NO chance.

I was kind when I posted my prediction of Miami 37 and the Clowns 9.

Mark my words, you will lose and you will lose big.

Just pray for no injuries.

FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE!!!!

my how you've grown. I remember when you were just a little dw2 :mrgreen: way to hold on to that childhood imagination though.

while your opinion is highly respected around the league, I think they're gonna go ahead & play the game anyway. prolly just for ratings though

The Nomination: "goin for two in a row!!!! :rl:" drago

Editor's Note: DW10 is the well respected in Casa de Straight Jacket and is also, by the way, the youngest 10 year old to have a really, really, really demanding wife.

Topic: This game was a microcosm of Chad's career

The main difference was that on the final drive with the game on the line Chad Pennington was finally able to complete a pass to a NY Jet in the endzone.

The Nomination: "Hahaha, sad but true" Green DNA

Editor's Note: Not only complete a pass to a NY Jet in the endzone, but do it in the two minute at the end of a game...

Topic: Belichick's Career Record

No problem. Also this is not official. But I think Eric Mangini's record breaks down this way:

With Brett Favre: 1 and 0

Without Brett Favre: 14 and 18

Yes Belly has a good record with a Hall Of Fame QB but Mangini is unbeatable when he has a HOF QB at his disposal.

:rl:

The Nomination: "haha awesome" joewilly

Editor's Note: Statistics do not lie, they just tell the story you need told at a point in time...

Topic: It is official...Brady on IR

One dude kills it? I don't buy it, honey! :) You could never bring yourself to root for the Jets no matter how many of your friends wear green..

And the flip of that is, although most of us wouldn't wish injury on Brady, we don't feel one iota of sorrow for the Patriots right now. Or a majority of their fans.

The Nomination: "Well said" JonEJet

Editor's Note: Well said V - my sentiments exactly...

Topic: some people say we "escaped" the miami game, but..

Good teams don't talk about what-ifs. They go out there and win games. Pretty much every bad team in the NFL is just a few plays away from winning most of their games. Even the 1-15 Dolphins of last year lost a ton of games by a few points. Meanwhile, the great teams, usually win by more than just a few points.

The score wasn't closer than it should have been, the score is what it was because that is what happened in the game. We're going to have to get better. Don't dwell on this game.

[url=http://www.jetnation.com/forums/member.php?u=140]Editor's Note: A win is a win is a win. 1 point, 28 points, same dag'gum "W".

Topic: Brady injury bad for the league?

Injuries are part of the game. The comparison with Jordan sitting out was different because we could imagine him still competing. There was no injury, no reason in the mind of the fans why he couldn't or wouldn't come back and play. The "true champion" you seek is the team that overcomes all obstacles (injuries included) and win the Super Bowl. Is the Giants Super Bowl Championship of 1986 an empty accomplishment because Montana (in your words "arguably the greatest QB ever") was out for the season with a back injury? No, it was accomplishment for the Giants and ultimately failure for the 49ers (that season) who could not overcome Montana's injury.

The Nomination: "Great Post!" Max

Editor's Note: Pretty much right on the money, Jetcode1. I will say, though, that not having Brady play this year is does hurt the league, but it does not hurt my feelings at all. Between VinnyT and Chad's injuries over the last 10 years, I find it hard to feel bad for the team that loses it's QB (although I do feel bad - as a human being - for Tom Brady).

Topic: Let's Play a Game : You ARE Tom Brady

I heard he's all signed up for the fall semester of the Chad Pennington Towel-Waving Academy.

-He'll learn wrist-whipping techniques to get maximum circumfrence and velocity.

-He'll learn the delicate task of maintaining perfect towel-circles while riding a stationary bicycle.

-Finally they'll learn to make circles while fist-pumping and walking down the sidelines.

The Nomination: "LOL" Smizzy

Editor's Note: I hear it is an online course due to the large amount of video they have from the Jets sideline over the past few years...

Topic: The New York Jets Must Show No Mercy to the New England Patriots

The Jets must crush the enemy Pats, and hear the lament of Gisele Bunchen, that Shenocca housefrau :Nuts:and John Jet Moynihan and the degenerate pothead Bellichick offspring before them.

NO MERCY!

redir?src=image&requestId=171bc69fea924272&userQuery=arnold+schwarzenegger+conan+images&clickedItemDest=109584663593227770006161623653997306981&clickedItemMark=1221013851317&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww3.iath.virginia.edu%2FBarbarians%2FEssays%2Fconan1.jpg&moduleId=image_details.M.xml&clickedItemDescription=Image%20Details

The Nomination: "It's good" PETROCK

Editor's Note: It's not a tumor, it's not...

Archived