Shefter: NFL Schedule release on the 15th

• Larz changed the title to Shefter: NFL Schedule release on the 15th
36 minutes ago, Larz said:

Prediction 

opener will be Steelers on the road

finale will be cheaters at home 

My guess is that its Denver with Zach starting. not that he deserves to but they might not want to start the rookie in week 1.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I called it last week when YouTube Sunday Ticker $200 discount ended on May 15th. Scumbags don’t want you to see how many of your teams’ games are televised on prime time slots. 
That’s what happened to me last year. Signed up and 6 Jets games were prime time once schedule released.

Wow.

36 minutes ago, doitny said:

My guess is that its Denver with Zach starting. not that he deserves to but they might not want to start the rookie in week 1.

You really think they want Zach in prime time? That would shock me.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

That means we’ll know just about everything by Sunday or Monday. We had 6 PTGs last year, I’m saying that’s cut down to 4 or less this year. The gild is off the lily of the Rodgers storyline now

My guess 6 again!

Texans(CJ v. AR) Buffalo, Vikings(Sauce v. JJ) 1 Miami game, LA (2 largest tv markets & 2 40 yo QBs) and SF

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

That means we’ll know just about everything by Sunday or Monday. We had 6 PTGs last year, I’m saying that’s cut down to 4 or less this year. The gild is off the lily of the Rodgers storyline now

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

My guess 6 again!

Texans(CJ v. AR) Buffalo, Vikings(Sauce v. JJ) 1 Miami game, LA (2 largest tv markets & 2 40 yo QBs) and SF

Do we get another weekday game like the Black Friday last season? I forgot about those… I think they added some more?

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Do we get another weekday game like the Black Friday last season? I forgot about those… I think they added some more?

Shouldn’t you be getting ready for Rangers OT shortly? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I called it last week when YouTube Sunday Ticker $200 discount ended on May 15th. Scumbags don’t want you to see how many of your teams’ games are televised on prime time slots. 
That’s what happened to me last year. Signed up and 6 Jets games were prime time once schedule released.

What difference does it make? It’s a 17 game season not 6

• Upvote 1

Please give the Jets a little break on the start of the season. I love night games but won't be upset if they are on the road week one for an easier game.  :)

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

What difference does it make? It’s a 17 game season not 6

The cost per available game inches up enough to where it’s equally affordable to go eat out at a restaurant like Hooters where you can watch Sunday ticket for free while having a good meal. Cost is a wash

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Please give the Jets a little break on the start of the season. I love night games but won't be upset if they are on the road week one for an easier game.  :)

The first month of the season generally feels like an extension of the preseason as far as the quality of play goes. I’d like to see them avoid division games for a couple/few weeks to open the year. I also don’t want to wait until MNF two years in a row, that just added to the brutality of Rodgers going down last year. Could see them potentially open with a 4pm Sunday game, though, if they want to get a lot of eyes on Rodgers as a Jet again. 

• Upvote 2

If I’m the nfl i give the jets 2 early prime time games hoping rodgers is healthy and then nothing for a while until maybe flexing them in later if they’re in contention.  I think an early jets/ Miami prime time game makes a lot of sense b/c you had jets/ buffalo last year and NE may have maye or brissett playing.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

One more reason to never pay a nickel for a NFL game. Love watching my Jets but I'll be damned if I spend any money on the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The cost per available game inches up enough to where it’s equally affordable to go eat out at a restaurant like Hooters where you can watch Sunday ticket for free while having a good meal. Cost is a wash

This is the reasoning that led me to seek out the Chicago Jets bar.  Figured 3 or 4 prime time games, another 2 or 3 games I will see live, leaves about 10 games.  Another couple of games will be televised in the local market on Sunday afternoon.

About 8-10 times per year, head to the bar, hang out with a bunch of displaced NYers watching the Jets and I am probably spending less than it would cost for the ticket.  And I made some pretty good friends along the way.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Prediction 

opener will be Steelers on the road

finale will be cheaters at home 

I agree with Steelers on the road to start the season.  But the NFL will be anticipating the Jets vying for a playoff spot this season, so the Jets will not be playing the Patsies in the finale. 

It will be either Buffalo or Miami at home for the finale.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

If I’m the nfl i give the jets 2 early prime time games hoping rodgers is healthy and then nothing for a while until maybe flexing them in later if they’re in contention.  I think an early jets/ Miami prime time game makes a lot of sense b/c you had jets/ buffalo last year and NE may have maye or brissett playing.  

I’m hoping for none unless it’s a Saturday night

15 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yep, I got rid of YouTube tv after the season.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lith said:

This is the reasoning that led me to seek out the Chicago Jets bar.  Figured 3 or 4 prime time games, another 2 or 3 games I will see live, leaves about 10 games.  Another couple of games will be televised in the local market on Sunday afternoon.

About 8-10 times per year, head to the bar, hang out with a bunch of displaced NYers watching the Jets and I am probably spending less than it would cost for the ticket.  And I made some pretty good friends along the way.

@Maxman is there a PA Jets Group in the Hershey/Harrisburg area? I need company for my misery.

Lonely The Simpsons GIF