The Official 2008 MLB Postseason Thread

Mavrik

Folks, after 162 games, the playoffs are finally upon us.

The Series as they stand now:

AL Central one-game playoff: Minnesota vs. Chicago (winner wins the AL Central). Currently 0-0 in the 2nd

American League:

-Boston Red Sox vs. the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Surrounding Tri-County Areas incorporated within the state of California and United States, respectively.

-Chicago/Minnesota vs. Tampa Bay

National League:

-Chicago Cubs vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

-Milwaukee Brewers vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Cubs are the sentimental favorites for the NL, and given the playoff crop this year, I think there's a good chance for them to win the Pennant.

Rays will be the AL team to watch. Was this a fluke? Or is this team built to last through the postseason?

My predictions:

AL Divisional Playoff:

-Chicago wins one game playoff

- LA Angels defeat Boston 3 games to 2.

- Chicago White Sox defeat Tampa Bay Rays 3 games to 2.

NL Divisional Playoff:

-Chicago Cubs defeat LA Dodgers 3 games to 1

-Philadelphia defeats Milwaukee 3 games to 0

ALCS

-LA Angels defeat Chicago 4 games to 2

-Chicago Cubs defeat Philadelphia 4 games to 3.

World Series

-LA Angels defeat Chicago 4 games to 3.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Red Sox over Angels in 4

White Sox over Rays in 5

Dodgers over Cubs in 4

Phillies over Brewers in 5

The Red Sox are hurting, but nobody circles the wagons like the Boston Red Sox. I have full confidence in Jon Lester and Dice-K and the guys who have stepped up all season.

White Sox will be riding a wave of emotion into Tampa and the Rays have next to nothing in the experience department and I am still not a believer, especially the way Kazmir pitched down the stretch.

Cubs are in trouble, coldest team down stretch and have to face on of the hotter teams.

Wanted to go with the Brew Crew, but just couldn't. Sabathia was awesome down the stretch but I think he may be overburdened now. Also, he sucked hard in the post-season last year.

Archived