The last and only time Brett Favre threw 12 TD's in his first 4 games...

I'll take his offensive weapons in 2008 over his offensive weapons in 1996 anyday personally.

What!!??

C'mon Joe.

Dorsey Levens was far better than Thomas Jones. Heck so was Edgar Bennett. Andre Rison played very well for him and is actually who Coles' career most reminds me of. Antonio Freeman was a great receiver. Don Beebe was the Wayne Chrebet for them. I'd take their WR core over ours as well. Their TE's were Mark Chmura and Keith Jackson, both of whom were very good. On defense they had the greatest pass rusher of all time and very solid DL and safeties. The only position we are better off at is LB and CB. Not to mention they had one of the best kick and punt returnersw of all time.

Offensive weapons I would take, not Defensive.

Dorsey Levens over Thomas Jones, Leon Washington and Jesse Chatman? No.

Their receivers they have a slight edge because of Bebe, very slight.

Tight Ends I'll take our three over those two as well our Offensive Line.

The depth is much better on these Jets than it was on those Packers Offensive units at the skill positions.

Offensive weapons I would take, not Defensive.

Dorsey Levens over Thomas Jones, Leon Washington and Jesse Chatman? No.

Their receivers they have a slight edge because of Bebe, very slight.

Tight Ends I'll take our three over those two as well our Offensive Line.

The depth is much better on these Jets than it was on those Packers Offensive units at the skill positions.

Dorsey Levens asnd Edar Bennett over Jones/Wash/Chatman-without a doubt.

We agree on the receivers, although I think it's alot more than slight. Rison and Coles is a wash. Freeman was far better than Cotch. Beebe was far better than Stuckey.

I consider TE's a wash until I see more of Keller. Right now he's very one dimensional. Chmura was a receiving threat and a good blocker. Right now we have good blockers (Baker/Franks) or a receiving threat. We don';t have one player who does both as well as Chmura did.

Their OL was phenominal. While I don't think ours is a slouch, theirs was fantastic. Rivera, Dallenbach, Timmerman, Wilkerson were just phenominal.

Like I said, our LB's are stronger and our CB's are stronger. Safeties we have Rhodes, they had Robinson.

Didn't they have Leroy butler back then? I'd take him over rhodes too.

Even mentioning that Baker or Franks are even relatively comparable to Chumura is an utter joke. Chumura was on his way to being one of the best TE"s in the NFL, thanks in large part to Brett but he was still amazing.

Levens was always underrated, he is way better than Jones could ever dream to be. Levens doesn't drop the ball and actually runs forward. The pack did not have a good change of pace back, which hurt them and i do think they could have benefited from a darren sproles/leon washington type 3rd down back.

That packers team was the second best team in that decade to one of the great cowboys or 9ers squads...lets not forget that Favre was also in his 20's.

Messiah update:

Brett fed the entire Jets team and coaches yesterday with a loaf of bread and two fishes.

Let us pray that his ankle heals while he walks on water.

p.s. - just kidding of course, but after 4 games I can see why he literally was a GOD to Packers fans. I love this guy.

Archived