Freddy Garcia claims to be 100%

GimmeShelter

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02142009/sports/mets/garcia__i_100_percent_expect_to_be_in_ro_155075.htm

Woudn't expect him to say anthing else but if true and he stays healthy, the Mets rotation suddenly becomes very good. I expect the pre tendinitus Maine who was being talked up as a future #1 or #2. Pelfrey based on last years showing should approach the same status while Ollie though inconsistent, has a knack for dominating some of the best line-ups in the game.

As for Garcia:

If he returns to form, then the Mets will have a steal on their hands. Garcia was an 18- and 17-game winner for the Mariners, then won another 17 games with the White Sox in 2006 after clinching their World Series sweep of the Astros the year before with a Game 4 shutout.

Johan

Pelfrey

Maine

Ollie

Garcia

If healthy more than enough to do very well in the NL.

the guys only had a couple of seaosns where his era was respectable (below 4.00) and he had one very good season....with a 3.05. era. he'll be a decent #5, but i doubt much more. when healthy he can eat innings, and that makes him valuable......a #5 who can eat innings and not waste your bullpen will be huge for us.....the year he won 17 with the sox he also had a 4.53 era......nothing to brag about. although his whip is usually decent.......i'll say, if he's healthy and starts 30 games for us, he'll have around a 4.20 era and maybe 10 wins.

the guys only had a couple of seaosns where his era was respectable (below 4.00) and he had one very good season....with a 3.05. era. he'll be a decent #5, but i doubt much more. when healthy he can eat innings, and that makes him valuable......a #5 who can eat innings and not waste your bullpen will be huge for us.....the year he won 17 with the sox he also had a 4.53 era......nothing to brag about. although his whip is usually decent.......i'll say, if he's healthy and starts 30 games for us, he'll have around a 4.20 era and maybe 10 wins.

Right and Jon Garland had a 4.90 in winning 14 games in a horrible AL West last year.

AL ERA's will always be higher due to the way rosters are built. Garcia's also had 4 seasons in the AL during prime roids years where his ERA was in the 3's.

I will sign up for your 10 W's assessment but if healthy expect better in the NL and basically think he gives us what Andy provides the Yanks out of the 5 spot.

Right and Jon Garland had a 4.90 in winning 14 games in a horrible AL West last year.

AL ERA's will always be higher due to the way rosters are built. Garcia's also had 4 seasons in the AL during prime roids years where his ERA was in the 3's.

I will sign up for your 10 W's assessment but if healthy expect better in the NL and basically think he gives us what Andy provides the Yanks out of the 5 spot.

i'm just trying to stay grounded and not get my hoped up for production that winds up not happening. being a mets fan for so long...keeping my expectations lower tends to be easier on me

Garcia has a Career 4.07 ERA and a 1.29 WHIP. This of course being almost entirely in the American League with the DH. The man was a very good pitcher pre-Injury. No question about it.

I'm not sure how much I trust his health report, everybody this time of year claims to be in the "best shape of their lives" blah blah blah, and even if he is 100% healthy, is he still 100% of the pitcher he was pre-Injury? But there's some real upside to the Garcia signing, no doubt about it.

Archived