JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Wow. A little late with that sentiment. You screwed the town, not the other way around. This is starting to put our backs against the wall. In no way does EY's death exonerate Sonny AFAIC. And I'm all giddy about Montana getting a promotion, buy he still has some answering to do, too.

Let's hope this night's better than the last one.

First things we need to address once the day begins. As always however lets try to avoid talking about the game too much during the night phase. We saw what Nicky and HenrEYs night phase fighting did to us last night and into the day.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First things we need to address once the day begins. As always however lets try to avoid talking about the game too much during the night phase. We saw what Nicky and HenrEYs night phase fighting did to us last night and into the day.

Yeah, that's a good point Ace. We're really up against it know, thanks to EY. Ok ladies, get your night actions in already.

The bus driver was distraught.

"I couldn't stop! I was turning the corner, and there he was, stumbling out in front of me."

He looked at the red mess that used to be Tommy DeVito and shuddered, remembering the look the gangster had given him before walking away from DeVito's corpse. Just a look, but he knew what it meant. "That's all I saw, and there was nothing I could do. Nothing!"

image.php?u=1030&dateline=1242179830

Tommy DeVito (Pragmatic Bus), a roleless innocent, is dead. Day 3 has begun, and will end at 10:30 am, Tuesday morning.

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

Updated roster:

1) Tony Soprano

2) Lefty Ruggerio

3) Al Capone

4) Frank Costello

5) Ace Rothstein

6) Joe Cabot

7) Tony Montana

8) Marcellus Wallace

9) Jimmy Conway

10) Vito Corleone

11) Fredo Corleone

12) Virgil Sollozo

13) Sonny LoSpecchio

14) Carlito Brigante

Good morning, everyone. A quick look around the boards reveals a few missing faces.

image.php?u=4546&dateline=1241569516&type=thumb

DanX (Michael Corleone), the town Finder, is dead.

image.php?u=64&dateline=1240019136&type=profile

124 (Nicky Santoro) the town Vigilante, is dead

Day 2 has begun. With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

The bus driver was distraught.

"I couldn't stop! I was turning the corner, and there he was, stumbling out in front of me."

He looked at the red mess that used to be Tommy DeVito and shuddered, remembering the look the gangster had given him before walking away from DeVito's corpse. Just a look, but he knew what it meant. "That's all I saw, and there was nothing I could do. Nothing!"

image.php?u=1030&dateline=1242179830

Tommy DeVito (Pragmatic Bus), a roleless innocent, is dead. Day 3 has begun, and will end at 10:30 am, Tuesday morning.

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

Updated roster:

1) Tony Soprano

2) Lefty Ruggerio

3) Al Capone

4) Frank Costello

5) Ace Rothstein

6) Joe Cabot

7) Tony Montana

8) Marcellus Wallace

9) Jimmy Conway

10) Vito Corleone

11) Fredo Corleone

12) Virgil Sollozo

13) Sonny LoSpecchio

14) Carlito Brigante

Thats sucks, Tommy was helpful. Maybe he was onto something. I have a slow day, so I will go back and check out his posts.

2 very different death scenes. Doggin, should we be looking into this? Tommy got hit by a bus and there wasnt a description for the first night phase.

Someone that breaks down possible set ups well, hook it up.

But if everything has gone as planned for the mafia and the cult it should be....

4 scum, 3 cult, and 7 townies. Correct?

Damn, that sucks. But at least DeVito wasn't roled.

And, Jimmy, if there was another recruiting last night your numbers would be accurate.

I think Devito may have been getting close. I will have time at lunch to do a little research and I will at latest have something in the thread by night time.

Wow, it's crucial we take our time and get this one right.

Thats sucks, Tommy was helpful. Maybe he was onto something. I have a slow day, so I will go back and check out his posts.

2 very different death scenes. Doggin, should we be looking into this? Tommy got hit by a bus and there wasnt a description for the first night phase.

But if everything has gone as planned for the mafia and the cult it should be....

No, you shouldn't. I'll say it again - I don't give away game info in death scenes

I wouldn't read into it, I imagine Doggin was just being a silly goose. After all, the character in question was Pragmatic Bus.

Vote: Tony Montana

I said that this is what I wanted to do if we killed EY yesterday.

Before the meltdown EY said he thought he was being set up and he thought Montana was the one doing the setting. He obviously was being set up so we might as well go after Montana now IMO

This jumps out at me, Marcellus. You voted to lynch HenrEY, but now you're willing to listen to EY's claim that he was being set up?

HenrEY was making the set up claim from the beginning, but you voted for him early and never got off that vote. Heck, you were the SECOND guy to vote for HenrEY (Post #813) while Tommy DeVito was the first.

Montana has is own issues and was definately going to be in the crosshairs this morning along with Sonny. But the guy coming out blazing against Montana is someone who led the charge against HenrEY but is now using HenrEY's claim of set up against someone else?

You can't kill a guy and then take up the mantle of being his avenger.

If you are innocent, you have absolutely no interest in being on the winning team. Can you possibly have your panties in such a bunch over a couple of people not believing you in a game in which everyone lies?

As I've said, this is a possible 3 townie swing vote. You've really ****ed us. If we lynch you now and you're innocent, there's a pretty good chance another townie gets NK'd and then another gets converted. Then it's pretty much game over.

I've stated several times that I'm innocent, there's not much more for me to say, is there? Either you believe me or you don't. I understand that you take my 'spidey-sense' with a grain of salt. There's just something not right with Lefty, and I can't put my finger on it. It's actually driving me pretty ****ing crazy right now.

This is an important vote, could be the turning point in the game. We all should be looked at closely.

I'm glad that Henry has calmed down a little bit. His behavior has been bizarre, so say the least. I'm starting to think that he isn't a townie, unless he's just a little crybaby who's going to have a fit every time someone votes for him. It just doesn't make sense for a townie to act that way, his actions could potentially get rid of 3 townies by tomorrow.

Context, sir. Context.

I'm almost at the point where I don't give a **** what your role or non-role is. We'd almost be better off without you.

If you're an innocent, that is.

I've almost convinced myself that you're not.

So now all of a sudden, this was part of a plan?

And what does your plan have to do with me?

I am one of the good guys.

What does you acting like a complete spaz have to do with me, though?

Plus, I'm not the only one who jumped over to you, your actions were very scummy.

Fine dickheads... vote Sonny

I want to live. I like Bavarian Creme Donuts.

Well, I'd like to live too. And your obviously no help to the town so...

Vote: Henry

What will really mess you up is if we lynch Henry and he comes up as converted. What are you going to think when I come up innocent?

Not true. My vote for you wasn't necessarily because I believed you were the CL. You were acting like a giant douche, one that the would almost be better off without.

I want to take my time and take a look at a few players. I started with Sonny because he was the other train yesterday and would obviously come under suspicion.

The first quote is pretty basic. I really don't think it sounds scummy, as much as he sounds pissed of at Henry. I sorta shared this feeling and switched my vote from Sonny to Henry.

The second post bothers me because he's claiming to have a spidey sense about Lefty but really gives us nothing. I would think he might take the time to build a case against him instead of just having a "sense". If our finder was still in the game one could assume maybe thats what he's referring to. But, my brother Michael has already passed and we have no reason to think their are two?

At the end of the same quote he states he thinks maybe Henry had a role or was scum. Then he decides we may be better off without him regardless of his role. Now I can't say I disagree with that, because Henry was definately becoming a pain in ass, but it does seem he is justifying killing Henry and whatever Henry's alignment, he had it coming anyways. Again, it's not that unreasonable considering Henry's antics.

Then He wants to know what Henry's wackiness has to do with him, right before Henry votes for him. Sonny then votes at Henry back stating he wants to live to. Let's hope so, sorta the object of the game. Again is this just Sonny getting frustrated and pissed or is he setting up his alibi in for when Henry turns up innocent. As we all know, only the mafia knows who's innocent or not. In this game the cult adds another dimension, but again the mafia has more info than the town.

Sonny then states he doesn't believe Henry was Cult. but votes for him because Henry was being a douche. If we apply Doggins lynch all liers rule, Sonny would be fine here.

Henry was certainly a douche.

I myself am not ready to vote for Sonny. I can't tell if he's just pissed off or scummy. I originally voted for him because he was inactive ealier and just repeating what everyone else was saying. Obviously he started talking when he started getting pressure. I'm going to look at a few others and will vote whn Im finished.

Marcellus and Lefty aside, Tony Montana is the guy I want answers from today. I'd also like him to stick around a bit whether he gets promoted again today or not.

The HenrEY set up posts seemed too obvious to me at first, but in light of what we now know I think he should explain them now. With that in mind...

vote: Tony Montana

Not good. And we can assume Nicky killed Michael for sure then.

Not good, no, but it could've been a lot worse. Tommy was helpful to the town, but at least he didn't have a power role. Worse still wouldve been if we were wrong about Nicky whacking Michael, and found out this morning that we have another killer in the game to worry about.

Still, you have to figure that our numbers are dwindling more than we can see. The cult is very possibly up to three members now.

This next lynch is critical. We have lots of real time to do it right. No speed lynches. I voted for tony because I want to hear from him. I'll be just as quick to jump off if I think a train is moving to fast.

This jumps out at me, Marcellus. You voted to lynch HenrEY, but now you're willing to listen to EY's claim that he was being set up?

HenrEY was making the set up claim from the beginning, but you voted for him early and never got off that vote. Heck, you were the SECOND guy to vote for HenrEY (Post #813) while Tommy DeVito was the first.

Montana has is own issues and was definately going to be in the crosshairs this morning along with Sonny. But the guy coming out blazing against Montana is someone who led the charge against HenrEY but is now using HenrEY's claim of set up against someone else?

You can't kill a guy and then take up the mantle of being his avenger.

Meh, I don't see the point. EY's turning up innocent makes it a lot easier to believe him know.

In fact, EY's favorite for scum was Tony M, Virgil and Tommy. The quickest way to prove EY wrong is to kill 1 of the guys he was finger'ing and have him pop innocent. I suspect this NK was protection against us following EY's trail after Tony and maybe Virgil..

Tony's way more scummy to me at this point so:

vote: Tony Montana

To add. I think Virgil should be examined closely.. Tony M is the easy lynch today and was going to be from the get go. A true scum power move if Virgil is scum (who need to keep their numbers up in case the cult is growing) would be to NK tommy innocent, let us do what we were likely to do anyway today, (kill tony M), and then Virgil becomes innoculated from EY's claims cause he was 0-2

To add. I think Virgil should be examined closely.. Tony M is the easy lynch today and was going to be from the get go. A true scum power move if Virgil is scum (who need to keep their numbers up in case the cult is growing) would be to NK tommy innocent, let us do what we were likely to do anyway today, (kill tony M), and then Virgil becomes innoculated from EY's claims cause he was 0-2

So if Montana comes up scum, then Virgil will? Or we won't know?

In other words, do you believe that this is a gateway lynch of getting 2 scum?

So if Montana comes up scum, then Virgil will? Or we won't know?

In other words, do you believe that this is a gateway lynch of getting 2 scum?

I believe that 1 of them is scum, and not to dismiss both of them if 1 of them isn't..

Jurt trying to figure out why Tommy was chosen and the best reason I see so far is that he was one of EY's top 3.. Make EY look wrong, and it's less likely the town will follow his suggestions..

Meh, I don't see the point. EY's turning up innocent makes it a lot easier to believe him know.

In fact, EY's favorite for scum was Tony M, Virgil and Tommy. The quickest way to prove EY wrong is to kill 1 of the guys he was finger'ing and have him pop innocent. I suspect this NK was protection against us following EY's trail after Tony and maybe Virgil..

What do you see happening. Guys were going to look at Montana anyway. EY did not claim all three of us were guilty, he claimed at least one of us was.

I believe Montana warrants attention. I understand why guys may feel I do. Odd though that you keep warning guys not to ignore me. If anything I expect EY's whining to focus attention on myself.

And vote:Jimmy Conway. For trying to sniff out power roles during a night phase.

What do you see happening. Guys were going to look at Montana anyway. EY did not claim all three of us were guilty, he claimed at least one of us was.

I believe Montana warrants attention. I understand why guys may feel I do. Odd though that you keep warning guys not to ignore me. If anything I expect EY's whining to focus attention on myself.

And vote:Jimmy Conway. For trying to sniff out power roles during a night phase.

I think lynching you or Tony is the best bet so far today. By not ignoring you, I was only saying don't everyone pile on Tony without giving you the hairy eyeball first. Also, that if Tony is innocent, it doesn't mean you are. Scum love to see players group people together, it opens doors for manipulation..

Despite voting for Sonny twice Tony is my top suspect. He made that post about his promotion, and I congratulate him on that, but he needs to start talking about the game. I also want to go back and look at several people to see if I can figure anything out. FOS on Tony for now only because I doubt there's gonna be a shortage of people voting for him.

I liked Sonny as scum before EY's idiocy, so I'm gonna go back to that. TM did offer a legit excuse for his lack of participation, we'll see if that changes.

Vote - Sonny

Those are the two I am going between as well. I think we can all agree that we need both of them to start explaining their gameplay to date. The spotlight is on, no more lurking and deflecting. We all need to talk this out.

Vote: Sonny LoSpecchio

My rationale for voting for him yesterday remains the same today. The only thing that took the forcus off of him was the HenrEY fiasco and I don't know if that could lead us anywhere. HenrEY was a roleless innocent that acted like a flake in the end.

I understand the Virgil vs. Montana argument, but I'm not willing to flip that coin right now and let Sonny slip by again. That just bugs me, like when we always hear about these mass murderers who were stopped by police early on, but let go and only later is it learned what had happened.

I see that people are questioning my absence. I'll answer this honestly, luckily for me I've been promoted. I work for a US apparel importer (98% of our manufacturing is abroad). I work specifically in the "imports" department, where we assign Tariff Schedule #'s to all of our items entering the country because all importers pay taxes on whatever the import. US Customs is only #2 to the IRS in revenue for the US Gov't for the General Fund.

Anyways, the other portion that we do is work on pro-trade legislation with other apparel importers. We come together and draft up trade legislation that is then put on capitol hill through our lobbyists. Since my promotion I have been moved more in this direction and to end this summary, I was flown out on Saturday to where we are putting the finishing touches on legislation that would allow man-made fiber ski-jackets with very technical specifications to be allowed to enter the country "duty-free" but that each importer bringing these in would invest 2.5% of the profits to the support or Land and Water conservation. So essentially we reduce our Importing costs from 28.2% per garment to 2.5%. The end result is higher margins for us and lower prices for the end user.

That's where I've been- locked in a room, figuring out the tech specs of what we're pitching to the hill. ON TOP of that I'm signed up for a class to take the Customs Brokerage exam to get my Brokers License which is in october. It's a 20 week, 2 times a week, 6 hours a week class. Don't believe me? Here's the link, I am NOT making this stuff up http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/trade_programs/broker/brokers.xml

I would tell you the name of the company I'm getting training from but if I told you that I think it'd be easy enough for you to figure out who I am.

Tony I didn't pay much attention to your absence or other people's suspicion but now that I take a look at you I can't think of anyone else I find scummier. Talk about staying under the radar? You where missing so long you where a day away from going onto a milk carton. You've contributed barely an independant thought to this process.

I need more from you than a curriculmn vitae to make me think your part of the town.

Unless your ready to add something to this game I can't help but think your trying to sandbag. vote: Tony Montana Give us something to change our minds and I'll eagerly listen. A wrong lynch here and our town is toast.

I think Jiffy Conway was a little intoxicated when he made that single post. I'm not ready to male anything out of that just yet.

But FOS: Virgil for looking to bring a completely new name into the mix as soon as Frank starts talking about him as possible scum.

Archived