The thread to ****Officially**** introduce a new member to the 800 win club

gangreenman

Monday night at 9pm, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim will be going for his career 800th victory against Albany. Even more impressive than winning 800 games, he's won each and every one of them for his alma mater, Syracuse University. Coach Boeheim is entering his 34th consecutive season as the head coach of Syracuse, and thus far has tallied 799 regular and post-season victories, including 31 twenty plus win seasons (an NCAA record), 28 NCAA tournament appearances, 3 final fours, two national championship games, and one championship trophy. He was one of the founding members of the big east conference, formed in the 1979-1980 season. He's done a lot with USA basketball (including being a top assistant to the 2008 gold medal winning team), and he is a board member and former chaiperson of the NABC (National Association of Basketball Coaches).

Eight hundred wins is to most coaches, an unbelievable accomplishment to which words can not explain. To Jim Boeheim, as many coaches have put it, the number doesn't come close to doing justice on what he has done for not only Syracuse Basketball, but Syracuse University and its surrounding community, and for college basketball as a whole. I could go on forever about his history and what he has done, how he started coaching in 1976 when Syracuse played its home games at Manley Field House, an "arena" seating just under 5000 in which players had to walk through a dirt track in order to get to the court. Or how he has a long history of sending various players to the NBA throughout the years. Or how he has survived 34 years as a head coach at a University in a current landscape where the pressures of internet, fans, money, make doing so a nearly impossible accomplishment. But, Im going to stop right here, and let some of his rival coaches do the rest.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2009/11/what_big_east_basketball_coach.html

To Jim Boeheim, Congratulations on the upcoming 800...And thank you for all you've done for my alma mater, Syracuse, and for the sport of college basketball I wrap myself up in every winter.

Now, retire you old piece of sh*t, you make 2 mil a year and cant even beat lemoyne!! LOL

Archived