Colts - check, Patriots - ???

greeniemeanie

Let me start off by saying that last night's game was sloppy, but good enough. I managed to lose my cool more than a few times in the fourth quarter, but we won. I'll take it.

Recap:

Offense

Sanchez was off, a lot. He simply had accuracy problems all night. The good news is that he was zipping the ball all over so his shoulder may not be too much of an issue.

Our running backs were breaking tackles, carrying defenders with them, and finished their runs with authority.

Our offensive line was great in run blocking, and so so in pass protection. Slauson and Woody were the weak links on the line, getting beat a few times by the faster Colts d-linemen. D-Brick was outstanding.

We had a Keller sighting folks. Dustin Keller is still on the team, even though he disappeared for a while this season.

Cotchery was awesome(tough catches all game), Edwards was Awesome(same as cotch and excellent blocking), Holmes never got a rhythm going with Sanchez, Smith was ok.

Defense

D-line generated next to no pressure on Manning but handled the run well.

Safeties looked like doo doo most of the game. They were slow to react, but did finish off their tackles well.

Linebackers were as good as we have expected them to be. Harris is so underrated it is silly. Pace played well, Thomas played well, Scott was underwhelming but consistent.

Revis was outstanding and Cromartie was good except for that one blown assignment on Garcon.

Special Teams

Weatherford had another good game, this guy has put together a great season. Folk didn't make any mistakes, Cromarties return was excellent, and coverage teams were solid again

What to expect against the Pat's...

We are supposed to lose. Brady is the next coming of Jesus Christ Superstar, and BB is the smartest coach ever.

I believe the single biggest key to victory is the intangibles. Everyone, and I mean everyone is chalking this game up as a loss for the Jets. After the last embarrassment in Foxboro, only a fool would believe the Jets could pull it off.

Enter Rex Ryan...

Rex will have this team ready for the Pat's this week. There will be a sense of redemption abounding from New Jersey. In sports, what separates a winner from a loser is usually measured by one word...Desire

Rex and the boys will have more than enough against the Pats.

Talent wise, I like the Jets over the Pats at every position except QB.

Brady can be rattled. Brady is not Peyton Manning, he can be gotten to.

If the Jets run game can eat up clock, and the Jets defense can rush Brady, the Jets have a chance. Brady and Belli are very methodical, and as such it is imperative that the Jets confuse the Pats offense and bring the heat. If Trevor Pryce, Shaun Ellis, Calvin Pace, and Jason Taylor can pressure Brady, I like the Jets chances.

We are supposed to lose this game, by a lot. I don't know if any of you have taken notice, but Rex and the boys really hate the status quo. They underperform, and overperform to their competition. In this game, on this day, I expect an overperformance for the ages. I expect the Jets to win, by a lot.

Call it blind homerism, call it stupid faith. I just call it NY Jets Football.

Expect our boys, each and every one of them, to play like a Jet this week.

How much that definition has changed since Rex came to town...

Go Jets!

Let me start off by saying that last night's game was sloppy, but good enough. I managed to lose my cool more than a few times in the fourth quarter, but we won. I'll take it.

Recap:

Offense

Sanchez was off, a lot. He simply had accuracy problems all night. The good news is that he was zipping the ball all over so his shoulder may not be too much of an issue.

Our running backs were breaking tackles, carrying defenders with them, and finished their runs with authority.

Our offensive line was great in run blocking, and so so in pass protection. Slauson and Woody were the weak links on the line, getting beat a few times by the faster Colts d-linemen. D-Brick was outstanding.

We had a Keller sighting folks. Dustin Keller is still on the team, even though he disappeared for a while this season.

Cotchery was awesome(tough catches all game), Edwards was Awesome(same as cotch and excellent blocking), Holmes never got a rhythm going with Sanchez, Smith was ok.

Defense

D-line generated next to no pressure on Manning but handled the run well.

Safeties looked like doo doo most of the game. They were slow to react, but did finish off their tackles well.

Linebackers were as good as we have expected them to be. Harris is so underrated it is silly. Pace played well, Thomas played well, Scott was underwhelming but consistent.

Revis was outstanding and Cromartie was good except for that one blown assignment on Garcon.

Special Teams

Weatherford had another good game, this guy has put together a great season. Folk didn't make any mistakes, Cromarties return was excellent, and coverage teams were solid again

What to expect against the Pat's...

We are supposed to lose. Brady is the next coming of Jesus Christ Superstar, and BB is the smartest coach ever.

I believe the single biggest key to victory is the intangibles. Everyone, and I mean everyone is chalking this game up as a loss for the Jets. After the last embarrassment in Foxboro, only a fool would believe the Jets could pull it off.

Enter Rex Ryan...

Rex will have this team ready for the Pat's this week. There will be a sense of redemption abounding from New Jersey. In sports, what separates a winner from a loser is usually measured by one word...Desire

Rex and the boys will have more than enough against the Pats.

Talent wise, I like the Jets over the Pats at every position except QB.

Brady can be rattled. Brady is not Peyton Manning, he can be gotten to.

If the Jets run game can eat up clock, and the Jets defense can rush Brady, the Jets have a chance. Brady and Belli are very methodical, and as such it is imperative that the Jets confuse the Pats offense and bring the heat. If Trevor Pryce, Shaun Ellis, Calvin Pace, and Jason Taylor can pressure Brady, I like the Jets chances.

We are supposed to lose this game, by a lot. I don't know if any of you have taken notice, but Rex and the boys really hate the status quo. They underperform, and overperform to their competition. In this game, on this day, I expect an overperformance for the ages. I expect the Jets to win, by a lot.

Call it blind homerism, call it stupid faith. I just call it NY Jets Football.

Expect our boys, each and every one of them, to play like a Jet this week.

How much that definition has changed since Rex came to town...

Go Jets!

I agree that Sanchez was way off in the first half. I don't know if they said anything in postgame about whether they made adjustments off of that but I give kudos to Rex and Schotty for realizing that Sanchez was off and went back to what this team is about. Running the Football.

Defensively Rex and Pettine did a great job into baiting Manning into running the football instead of throwing the football all over the yard which is what the Colts have done all year.

I totally disagree with the safety play. Pool while he took a very poor angle on the Garcon TD made alot of big plays early stuffing the Colts a number of times. As far as Smith goes, we gave him alot of grief about his coverage but he was money yesterday breaking up a big play on the pass to Tamme (PI maybe ?)

Rex and the coaching staff totally out coached Caldwell, Manning and the Colts.

They are going to need that kind of effort and then some if they plan on beating New England.

Archived