Becoming a Blocker on a Turnover

JiFtheOracle

Why not? Everyone on the Steelers sprinted the second the turnover happened. I dont see why our guys cant as well. And I think they should because Ben will give you that chance.

Instead you just stop running and dont even finish the play? They had their 300lb offensive lineman running down the field even though they stood little chance catching him. You play to the whistle. No biggie though. Just think we are going to need it against the Steelers. Found the fact Tomlin brought it up too is ironic.

MAJOR distinction between Harris run and Harrison run: On the Harrison run it was a goaline stance so all defenders were at the same level at or near the line of scrimmage. On the Harris play the play was at the 30 yd line and the DBs were in deep coverage.

If you look at the Harrison run it is the DBs who are doing all the down field blocking. They were running with Harrison the whole way because they were near him when the INT happened.

That said, note that Harrison went to the sidelines like I said Harris should have. It's easier for a runback to go to the sidelines so your blockers only have one side to block for you.

I'm not complaining. We won. I'm bring up a point.

He stopped running. Their Oline was running. The play wasnt over. You dont give up. What if he fumbled? Alge Crumpler is no spring chicken.

Eh. I thought the same thing at the time, but I don't think it's such a fair comparison. The Pats Oline was running? Where were the WR, RBs and TEs that aren't basically extra OTs? I would guess that they were extremely far from the play and/or they were blocked. If none of the Jets DBs and LBs blocked, then BB did a sh*t job of preparing too because I didn't see Welker, Tate, BJ G-E, Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski or any other guy who should be capable of catching Harris. 4 of those guys should have been on the field. Now everybody can see why I hate seeing Harris in coverage.

Not only does Rex preach blocking on turnovers, he practices that and convoys and pitching to the faster man. The fact is, as SMC says, Harris is the one to blame for not punching that in. He shouldn't have cut inside so soon. Who was he running away from? The only time to do that is at the last second to screw up the trailing defender's angle.

Pryce stopped running because there was nobody he could reach to block with a prayer of catching Harris. I'm sure there was plenty of blocking going on off the small screen. Sure there were probably a couple of guys who could have given more effort, but I don't think it was an epidemnic of laziness or poor preparation. Besides, Harris should have scored. Then we'd all be complaining that the entire D was out of breath when Brady got the ball back.

More teams lose games, rather than win it themselves

only against bad teams, that philosophy is good enough to let you contend for a WC every year and never win a super bowl..

C'mon now. The Pats have won the division the past two years...

Archived