D'-Brick Sounds Resigned to Losing $750,000 Workout Bonus

flgreen

D’Brickashaw Ferguson sounds resigned to losing his $750,000 workout bonus

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 1, 2011, 7:03 AM EDT

Ferguson_D'Brickashaw

With no end to the lockout in sight, the NFL player with the biggest offseason workout bonus in the league sounds like he has accepted that the entire offseason could be wiped out, and he’ll therefore never get a chance to earn that bonus.

Jets offensive tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson, who has a $750,000 workout bonus in his contract, told the New York Daily News that he’s not going to waste any time worrying about things he can’t control.

“It’s really out of my hands,” Ferguson said. “I’ve done everything that I can do, so now you wait for the ruling and see what happens. None of us have a crystal ball to see how it all will play out.”

Although he’s not getting paid for it and not surrounded by teammates and coaches, Ferguson is still going through an offseason training regimen.

“Obviously it’s more fun having my teammates there and having all that camaraderie, but individual workouts are not a loss,” Ferguson said. “I’ve had to work by myself at combines before and forced myself to work out alone all the way back to high school. You have to be self-motivated.”

Archived