List of the Jets Unrestricted Free Agents

JetNation

helmet.gif

The official list of unrestricted free agents was released today by the NFL.  Here are the players from the New York Jets:

Kellen Clemens -QB

Drew Coleman -DB

Antonio Cromartie-DB

Braylon Edwards- WR

Shaun Ellis-DE

Nick Folk – K

Santonio Holmes-WR

Wayne Hunter-OL

James Ihedigbo-DB

Lance Laury-LB

Brodney Pool-S

Trevor Pryce- DL

Tony Richardson-FB

Brad Smith-WR

Eric Smith-S

Steve Weatherford-P

Restricted Free Agents who received Qualifying Offers from their Old Clubs and are subject to the First Refusal/Compensation system of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement

Robert Turner- OL

di</img>di</img>

GKV81IgiO7c

View the full article

Restricted Free Agents who received Qualifying Offers from their Old Clubs and are subject to the First Refusal/Compensation system of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement

Robert Turner- OL

I think this is going to turn out to be a very underrated situation that's going to help the Jets a good bit. The guy has really proven himself as a pretty damn good swing OL over the past few years, and gives the Jets a reliable backup at all 3 interior line positions. With the questions at RT and potential lack of depth at OT overall (depending on what, if anything, happens with Woody and Hunter) having a steady backup who the team is comfortable with and knows the system is huge. Plus the guy plays 6th OL/TE, special teams and goal line defense.

As far as the UFAs, I think outside of the big names, the guys you're most likely to see the Jets bring back will be the DBs. Coleman always manages to stick around, is a solid ST player and had his best year as a pro at DB this past season. With the lack of time to teach FAs the system this offseason and uncertainty at #2 CB, I can see the Jets wanting to have him around just as depth insurance. That and you simply can't expect to replace every safety on the roster not named Jim Leonhard, so at least one or two of Pool, Smith or Ihedigbo have to be brought back. Should be interesting to see how it goes.

Archived