Eagles sign Ronnie Brown

Jetsfan80

Somewhat old news, I know. But I didn't see it posted, and things are surprisingly quiet right now on the news front. Miami fans.....upset to see Brown go?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/08/ronnie-brown-signs-with-philadelphia-eagles.html

Ronnie Brown signs with Philadelphia Eagles

Seems as if everyone signing with the Philadelphia Eagles is a former All-Pro -- even the backups. Running back Ronnie Brown is the latest to get on the Philly free-agent bandwagon, signing a one-year contract to back up tailback LeSean McCoy.

The 6-0, 230-pound running back started all 16 games for the Miami Dolphins last season and finished with 734 yards, five touchdowns and 33 receptions. The second overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft behind Alex Smith (San Francisco 49ers), Brown ranks third on the Dolphins’ all-time rushing list behind Larry Csonka (6,737) and Ricky Williams (6,436) and is tied in second with Csonka for the most 100-yard rushing games in team history with 15.

“Ronnie is an all-around running back with a versatile skill set,” Eagles General Manager Howie Roseman said. “He can run the ball, catch it, and does very well in pass protection. He’ll add some good size to our backfield and he’s a good character guy. We think he’ll be a tremendous complement to LeSean and the other young backs on this team that we really like. You can never have enough good running backs in this league and we are happy to have Ronnie join us.”

Brown is the seventh major acquisition the Eagles have made in the last week, along with defensive linemen Jason Babin and Cullen Jenkins, cornerbacks Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Nnamdi Asomugha, offensive lineman Evan Mathis and quarterback Vince Young. All but Mathis and Jenkins are former All-Pros, and Jenkins started on last season’s Green Bay Packers championship team.

Brown, 29, was elected to the Pro Bowl after rushing for 916 yards and a career-high 10 touchdowns and catching 33 passes in 2008. He rushed for 1,000 yards in the 2006 season.

The Eagles are a Madden team. They have no O-line but name players everywhere else, led by the greatest Madden QB of all time Michael Vick.

Vick was already the best QB in Madden when he sucked, I can only wonder how beefed up he is now that he can pass.

The Eagles are a Madden team. They have no O-line but name players everywhere else, led by the greatest Madden QB of all time Michael Vick.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly they all assimilate. Asomugha, Jenkins, Babin, Brown, Young, Ryan Harris (former Broncos T they signed as well) are probably good enough to slide in and play well, but I can't imagine they'll all be on the same page right away.

Not to mention, they lost a few key guys people might forget about, like Quintin Mikell and Stewart Bradley.

Archived