Are we underestimating this offense?

Jetster

Who did Fitzpatrick throw to in Buffalo? Tennessee? Wasn't Foster hurt in Houston & Andre always doubled?

If your a QB that the team is looking to "manage" the game number one you need a good running game. Looks like that's a lock especially with Gailey running the spread, no more 10 in the freaking box like with Rex.

After that running game you need decent pass blocking. Not 10 second pass blocking but 3rd & manageable pass blocking. The Jets definitely have that with solid vets at every position on the line.

Third you need 3rd down converters, big strong WRs with great hands, body control & savvy to get position where a DB has to go through you to break up a quick pass. Marshall & Decker (sliding into the #2 roll) are perfect compliments to each other.

At RB, we have Speed & Power in Ivory, Power in Stacy, Bilal can juke a LB, catch out of the backfield & is a really good 3rd down blocker.

Then you look at speed. Owusu, Smith & Powell can all fly & make defenses that creep up pay. 

Then there's our defense. With the offense converting more 3rd downs, less 3 & outs, and controlling TOP, the defense gets more rest, starts in better field position, and truly will have more chances to flip the field regarding the LOS. They really, really have a good chance of being pretty damn good as Gailey incorporates more plays as they improve. Fitz & Flynn (if they keep him, I believe they will) can handle the playbook. They can audible, check out of plays, go on quick counts, all of the small things that help out the Oline.

Add to that the defense getting back to the mean regarding TOs, the redzone offense has 2 of the best redzone WRs over the last 5 years.

Very excited to maybe have average but smart QBs, lol.

Fitz is not suddenly going to become a great QB. You get what you get with him. What matters is we control the ball on offense with BOTH the run and pass, and we win the field position battles. We need to be smart enough to move the ball and keep our offense away from having 3 and outs from our own 10 yard line. Fitz can do this with less propensity for turnovers than Geno imo. And that's likely all we'll need to be competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who did Fitzpatrick throw to in Buffalo? Tennessee? Wasn't Foster hurt in Houston & Andre always doubled?

If your a QB that the team is looking to "manage" the game number one you need a good running game. Looks like that's a lock especially with Gailey running the spread, no more 10 in the freaking box like with Rex.

After that running game you need decent pass blocking. Not 10 second pass blocking but 3rd & manageable pass blocking. The Jets definitely have that with solid vets at every position on the line.

Third you need 3rd down converters, big strong WRs with great hands, body control & savvy to get position where a DB has to go through you to break up a quick pass. Marshall & Decker (sliding into the #2 roll) are perfect compliments to each other.

At RB, we have Speed & Power in Ivory, Power in Stacy, Bilal can juke a LB, catch out of the backfield & is a really good 3rd down blocker.

Then you look at speed. Owusu, Smith & Powell can all fly & make defenses that creep up pay. 

Then there's our defense. With the offense converting more 3rd downs, less 3 & outs, and controlling TOP, the defense gets more rest, starts in better field position, and truly will have more chances to flip the field regarding the LOS. They really, really have a good chance of being pretty damn good as Gailey incorporates more plays as they improve. Fitz & Flynn (if they keep him, I believe they will) can handle the playbook. They can audible, check out of plays, go on quick counts, all of the small things that help out the Oline.

Add to that the defense getting back to the mean regarding TOs, the redzone offense has 2 of the best redzone WRs over the last 5 years.

Very excited to maybe have average but smart QBs, lol.

This all sounds good...on virtual paper. 

If Fitzpatrick and crew can score TD's and convert those 3 and outs into field goal opportunites then we'll be fine. I just have to see it to believe it with Fitz, or even Geno. 

This team is stacked. Anything less than the playoffs or an 11 win season is a failure, and I say that with the thought that we could have traded for a better QB. If they feel like Geno/Fitz was good enough to run his machine then I expect to see results. 

Archived