Jets Roster Moves Today

flylikeajet

Losing Turner for the year is awful. I really thought we'd have this guy back as a backup by week 10-12. To make it worse? Nick Mangold is hurt as of right now. Vladimir Ducasse better develope over night, because we're one offensive line injury away from having nothing on the depth charts. Now, if Vlad can develope as expected, and Nick Mangold can get back to 100% sooner rather than later, I think we'll be just fine on the offensive line moving forward.

Losing Cumberland is disappointing. He ranked #2 amongst NFL TE's during the preseason in both catches and yards, and has put up 2 catches for 35 yards this season. It's sad, because Dustin Keller and Jeff Cumberland could have made for a Hernandez/Gronkowski type of tandem at the TE position.

To make a long story short, none of these loses in regards to both Turner and Cumberland should prevent the Jets from winning a super bowl; their backups.

who the hell is Eddie Jones ???

Eddie Jones is a 260 lb OLB from Texas. He wore #99 in the preseason. Looked okay and seemed destined for the practice squad, but all the ILBs, Bellore, Berning, Mauga, Satele all looked a bit better. The official roster has them adding Martell Webb a 6'3" 276 lb TE from Michigan to the practice squad. I'm surprised they went back to Campbell. They obviously liked him, but he seemed to have a fairly awful preseason.

The more important question than these practice squad moves is who else they plan to add to the real roster.

Archived