Injury News..

Steveg

Jets DT Mike DeVito expected to play against Buffalo

Here's your injury roundup post-San Diego:

+ If this was not a bye week for the Jets, DT Mike DeVito -- who injured his knee in Thursday's practice and was inactive against the Chargers -- would likely not be ready to go.

But the MCL sprain should be fine for next week's game at Buffalo, Ryan said.

"That injury is a real one, but again we probably expect him to play against Buffalo," Ryan said.

+ Rookie DT Kenrick Ellis, who hurt his ankle in the first quarter of his first NFL start, should also be fine, Ryan said.

The injury is an ankle sprain, but not a high ankle sprain, Ryan said.

"Kenrick will be here all (bye) week," Ryan said. "Part of being a rookie, you have to make sure you finish that game. When you have a bye week coming, you have to finish that game. He made a rookie mistake so he'll be here all week."

+ David Harris, who injured his ankle in the second quarter, also has an ankle sprain but not a high ankle sprain. Harris returned to the game after being ruled questionable.

+Ryan said that they have not seen LaDainian Tomlinson (flu-like symptoms) today.

Some other odds and ends...

On Aaron Maybin's progress..."Great production. We need to get him on the field more. There's been 40-some snaps he's been out there for and he's had three sacks and three caused fumbles. He's made a lot of tackles and the "Mayhem" thing (Maybin's nickname), I love that deal because it fits him."

On Marty Schottenheimer, father of offensive coordinator Brian, coaching his UFL team to the title over the weekend..."I'd like to congratulate Marty Schottenheimer on winning the championship, I think that's big for the UFL."

Jets DT Mike DeVito expected to play against Buffalo

+ Rookie DT Kenrick Ellis, who hurt his ankle in the first quarter of his first NFL start, should also be fine, Ryan said.

The injury is an ankle sprain, but not a high ankle sprain, Ryan said.

"Kenrick will be here all (bye) week," Ryan said. "Part of being a rookie, you have to make sure you finish that game. When you have a bye week coming, you have to finish that game. He made a rookie mistake so he'll be here all week."

Really happy to hear about DeVito. We'll need him vs. that run attack of Buffalo. Jackson is having a career year.

Very confused about these comments toward Ellis. Was he saying that he made a mistake by getting injured and not playing through it? Anyone understand these comments?

Really happy to hear about DeVito. We'll need him vs. that run attack of Buffalo. Jackson is having a career year. Very confused about these comments toward Ellis. Was he saying that he made a mistake by getting injured and not playing through it? Anyone understand these comments?

Makes you think that the coaching staff didn't think the injury was that bad and Ellis took himself out of the game..

Really happy to hear about DeVito. We'll need him vs. that run attack of Buffalo. Jackson is having a career year.

Very confused about these comments toward Ellis. Was he saying that he made a mistake by getting injured and not playing through it? Anyone understand these comments?

Sometimes you have to watch Rex's interviews. When I read it i was confused to. He seldom throws his players under the bus. I went and watched it. He was grinning when he said it.

I think what he meant was it was poor timing on Ellis part. If he didn't get hurt he would have the week off. Because he was hurt he has to stay in town all week for treatment. Think he was just clowning. He was in a real good mood, and having fun with the press.

Don't think it was a slight on Ellis. Just my take anyhow

Sometimes you have to watch Rex's interviews. When I read it i was confused to. He seldom throws his players under the bus. I went and watched it. He was grinning when he said it.

I think what he meant was it was poor timing on Ellis part. If he didn't get hurt he would have the week off. Because he was hurt he has to stay in town all week for treatment. Think he was just clowning. He was in a real good mood, and having fun with the press.

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

You da man!

Yeah. That was my take too. Seemed like he was teasing that his "mistake" was that he didn't get to take advantage of the opportunity for playing time and the punishment was that he would have to be at the facility all week getting treatment.

Excellent...thanks for clarifying...

Archived