The 2012 Draft class will be the best Jets draft since '06/'07.

SenorGato

Didn't Mayock pull Coples off his board entirely?

Yeah, and everyone jumped on the wagon with him the second he made his little rant. I thank him for helping us get a gift.

I'd write about all the firings and goings on at UNC, but I just started Final Destination 5 so excuse me. He did do everything they asked of him at school.

Saved me the trouble. HDBillski has repeated that about Sanchez a number of times, and there's just no truth to it.

I don't believe the whole thing about WR being a difficult transition to the pros is as true as it used to be, either. More and more you see rookies have an impact at the position, including a couple previous WRs from Georgia Tech. Hill is going to be asked to do exactly what he did in college - block in the running game, and get open deep in the passing game. Definitely true that Sanchez is going to have to connect with him a couple times for Hill to command respect - and I suspect the Jets understand that. Sparano likes to take shots downfield, I'm sure he'll look to take them early with Hill.

The bolded part is what makes him that more dagerous, and will increase his odds on having an immediate impact on the deep ball for the Jets this season, the fact that he is considered a great blocker in the run game, and if he shows this to be true in the NFL teams won't be able to just assume he is on the field to run deep, the Jets will run the ball more often then not with him on the field, and then that will open up the PA deep bomb to Mr. Hill, the possibilities are endless with him if his athleticism translates to the football field on the NFL level.

If there's a guy who knows how to take a raw, athletic size-speed prospect and turn him into a legit NFL receiver, it's Darius Heyward-Bey's old coach.

Im confused? When did Darius Heyward Bey grow to be 6'4", and when did he ever start making an effort to block on running plays? 2 things Hill has that Bey does not, so comparing the 2 beyond pure speed is stupid, plus Bey was a top 10 pick, and Hill was taken in the 2nd round,

Archived