RB's (not named Lacy)

Greenseed4

43" vertical is far and away the best among the group listed in OP.  To me, Vertical is even more important than 40 time in a RB.  It shows explosiveness.  The vid. shows just that.  Decent top-end speed, but exceptional acceleration after the first cut and exceptional burst through the hole.  He's also got good eyes and low center of gravity.  Only thing i saw that might be misleasding is that he was running through huge gaps...he was the benificiary of excellent blocking, and its easy to look like an all-star when nobody can lay a hand on you at teh line of scrimmage.  Still, that's not his fault, just an observation.

I don't know if you saw it or not, but reports are that he missed two meetings at the Combine due to oversleeping.  In damage control efforts, his camp blamed it on Nyquil due to "extreme sickness".  I don't know if I buy that.  To me there's flu-sick, cold-sick, and party-sick.  Nyquil only fixes the cold-sick.  

When I'm extremely dehydrated (read: nauseas and/or with diarrhea) my forty times, vertical jumps, and long jumps suffer as a result.  Because his didn't, and due to his history in the doghouse, I'm leaning toward party-sick. 

I don't know if you saw it or not, but reports are that he missed two meetings at the Combine due to oversleeping.  In damage control efforts, his camp blamed it on Nyquil due to "extreme sickness".  I don't know if I buy that.  To me there's flu-sick, cold-sick, and party-sick.  Nyquil only fixes the cold-sick.  

When I'm extremely dehydrated (read: nauseas and/or with diarrhea) my forty times, vertical jumps, and long jumps suffer as a result.  Because his didn't, and due to his history in the doghouse, I'm leaning toward party-sick. 

Could be.  But these guys train hard-core for the combines for months on end.  Then fly out to Indianapolis.  Do press and physicals, and interviews.  I find it hard to believe he would be out drinking his ass off in the middle of all of that.  That would be insane given the work he must have put into the combine weekend.  It could be he's a huge knucklehead.  But with all the hoopla surrounding the combine, wouldn't someone have seen him out partying?  I think this is probably much ado about nothing other than a kid sleeping in a strange place and not knowing how to work his alarm clock.  Considering we drafted Kenrick Ellis who had been thrown out of his first college for positive drug tests, was facing jail time and deportation, I see drafting Michael as a far lesser risk.

Could be.  But these guys train hard-core for the combines for months on end.  Then fly out to Indianapolis.  Do press and physicals, and interviews.  I find it hard to believe he would be out drinking his ass off in the middle of all of that.  That would be insane given the work he must have put into the combine weekend.  It could be he's a huge knucklehead.  But with all the hoopla surrounding the combine, wouldn't someone have seen him out partying?  I think this is probably much ado about nothing other than a kid sleeping in a strange place and not knowing how to work his alarm clock.  Considering we drafted Kenrick Ellis who had been thrown out of his first college for positive drug tests, was facing jail time and deportation, I see drafting Michael as a far lesser risk.

I did some digging to see what put him in Sumlin's doghouse and got nothing.  All I could find is that it was "character related".  In my efforts I saw that he's sticking to his Combine "sickness" story; calling it the flu, and disputing that it was TWO missed meetings.  I guess I would stick to that story myself.  I just can't imagine him putting up those numbers with the flu.  When I have the flu, I'm under two blankets, sweating with chills, am loaded up on diarrhea medicine and puking my brains out. 

Whatever.  His goal in life is to make a living running head-first, full speed into other men; perhaps intelligence isn't his strong suit.    

But talent is!!

Word is he might not make it out of the 2nd round due to his incredible potential.  He was a 5-star recruit out of high school, and ranked 3rd in the Walter Payton college award, behind Trent Richardson and Bryce Brown.  His insane Combine workout could only increase his draft value.  Plus, we were one of the four teams he had a scheduled workout with, so our brass is putting the feelers out there.  If they unearth a risk/reward potential worth pulling the trigger on, Michael just might be the best back to come out of this class. 

Archived