resign a long snapper

FoxJet

Wasn't he an RFA?  I didn't think there was a danger of losing him.  They also have Tripuka's kid signed as a potential LS.

Yeah, but they didn't bother to tender him.  They obviously weren't quite interested in paying a LS as much as it would cost to tender an RFA (even at the lowest amount).  I imagine they decided to see if they could bring him back for the minimum and if so, the job would be his again.  The kid has been perfect in his time here so I doubt they'll see much reason to mess with a good thing.  It's one of those things you overlook until you happen to watch another team playing with a LS who sucks and is costing his team points as a result.

Yeah, but they didn't bother to tender him.  They obviously weren't quite interested in paying a LS as much as it would cost to tender an RFA (even at the lowest amount).  I imagine they decided to see if they could bring him back for the minimum and if so, the job would be his again.  The kid has been perfect in his time here so I doubt they'll see much reason to mess with a good thing.  It's one of those things you overlook until you happen to watch another team playing with a LS who sucks and is costing his team points as a result.

Was he really perfect?  They had more blocked kicks and punts last year than I can remember.  The special teams in general took a step back, but I'm pretty sure the snap was a problem in one or two of them.  Where is James Dearth when you need him?

Archived