Parcells Laments decision to leave New England

flgreen

The three coaches before Parcells were Coslet, Pete Carroll, and Rich Kotite. The four coaches after Parcells were Al Groh, Herm, Mangini, and Rex. Chances are good that they weren't hiring anyone better than Parcells.

I know.   I just can't stand Parcells even if he did bring respect to the franchise

Incredible, guy literally patched the titanic and raised it back to the surface and he is being criticized here for not also sailing it all the way home.

You may have missed Tom's and my discussion the other day, but I never liked Parcells pre-Jets or post-Jets.  I tried to like him while he was with the Jets, but just couldn't because of his personality.  Even though I know he was a an excellent HC and deserves the HOF, I think he was an egomanical jerk.  He did an exceedingly mediocre job shopping for the groceries, quit on the team for 5 games or so following Vinny's injury, then quit the franchise and stuck us with Bradway, Tanny and Groh.

People who are great at something - coaching, playing a sport, writing, cooking, architecture, engineering, whatever - are probably going to have be egomaniacs, even if they pretend they don't.

It's almost required, because some part of you has to be telling you that you're the f*cking best and do what you want, no matter what everyone else is saying around you.

So Parcells is an egomaniac. I don't have to deal with him. What do I care?

You may have missed Tom's and my discussion the other day, but I never liked Parcells pre-Jets or post-Jets.  I tried to like him while he was with the Jets, but just couldn't because of his personality.  Even though I know he was a an excellent HC and deserves the HOF, I think he was an egomanical jerk.  He did an exceedingly mediocre job shopping for the groceries, quit on the team for 5 games or so following Vinny's injury, then quit the franchise and stuck us with Bradway, Tanny and Groh.

i suppose i can see where you are coming from but it's not like 100 (or any) better options were lining up outside of florham park. with parcells, the jets landed that big name they needed to enter the discussion as a legitimate football team imho

Well, it should be doubly-regretful since the take-home point isn't that he doesn't regret leaving the Jets.  Even if the point is made indirectly, what he regrets is having come here in the first place.   :bag:

I think A LOT of it is BB-envy.  More than "partly" for a guy with his sized ego. 

Plus he blew a trip to the SB when he was here.  No fond memory there.

Archived