Rex vs. Pettine: Round 1

flgreen

You really think Idzik bolstered the running game?  The moves on the Oline appear to be lateral at best.  He did invest heavily in developmental draft picks, but other than Winters he didn't add much.  Colon is a low dollar move and constant injury risk.  The RBs were all fairly low level pick ups. I like Ivory, but I don't see him as investing in a running game that lost Shonn Greene. They needed a 1 back and they didn't get a slam dunk.  The Mornhinweg hire certainly doesn't indicate a desire to rely on a strong run game, but I'm not sure I'd classify that as an Idzik hire..

The fact that the moves may not be working out like we hoped doesn't mean we aren't investing in those areas of the field.  Many were calling for Idzik to grab a TE at 13 or a WR in the 2nd round.  Clearly he was higher on guys in the trenches.  And then of course there was the Ivory trade.

The fact that the moves may not be working out like we hoped doesn't mean we aren't investing in those areas of the field.  Many were calling for Idzik to grab a TE at 13 or a WR in the 2nd round.  Clearly he was higher on guys in the trenches.  And then of course there was the Ivory trade.

But he didn't invest. He signed a bunch of guys on 1 year deals.  The only things that could be considered investments are the Ivory deal and Winters in the 3rd.  The rest of those guys were camp fodder.  If they turn out fine, but they were like bringing Wayne Hunter or Will Montgomery in way back when.  They had to replace both guards AND Greene.and they probably saved money on the replacements - I don't see it as investing in the trenches. . 

Archived