Be Patient on Rex-tension

flgreen

I think the Jets win the Super Bowl and Rex still gets fired because he sucks and they will win it in spite of him. 

Replace the following...

win = make it to

Super Bowl = AFC Championship Game

Rex = Sanchez

... and you're talking about recent history.

Can we just beat the Bills.  That's all I really want.  Get to 6-4, then take it from there.

If they beat the Bills Rex will get so much more money.  Sign him now.  :)

Seriously though accountability is the key.  I have said that Rex will be back.  And he will.  But there is no reason to give him an extension now.  Don't do that in the season.  Work it out with his agent at the end of the season and announce it the day after the season ends.

Against the Bills, home against the Raiders, scandal-ridden Dolphins (twice), home against the Browns.....I really wouldn't be thrilled with finishing 7-9 or even 8-8.  But I don't think that's going to happen. 

I think 9 wins certainly gets Rex a worthy extension.  And I think we end up with 9 or 10 wins.  Even those games @ Baltimore and @ Carolina aren't as scary as they look.  I like our chances to steal one of those.  Flacco has been terrible this year, and as we know, a bad Cam Newton can be horrendous.

Huh?  When has Cam Newton been horrendous?  Even when he was pouting and not being a confident leader, he was lighting up the scoreboard and racking up the yardage and TDs.  This year Cam has been pretty consistent and playing at a very high level, especially in terms of being the leader of that team.  I wouldn't count on the Jets seeing anything even remotely resembling a horrendous outing from Cam when they play the Panthers.

Archived