Jeff Matthews QB Cornell

joewillie78

Name Position School Notes Zach Bauman RB Northern Arizona The most electric player at the practices, but NFL teams will worry about his size. Seantavius Jones WR Valdosta State Bigger, faster and stronger than lots of his competition in both college and at the Shrine practices. Will it translate? Jeff Mathews QB Cornell Great attitude, better size, even better arm. Has some bad habits, but a fine small-school/mid-round prospect. Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood This setting is perfect for small-school corners to shine, and Desir did. He's got the length to appeal to teams looking for the "new breed" of physical defensive backs. Nevin Lawson CB Utah State Physical like you expect a Utah State corner to be, but looked more polished in both man and zone than you'd expect and corner at the Shrine Game to be. Bruce Gaston Jr

Notes from East West Shrine game practices.

GO BIG RED.

watched him play once while visiting my girlfriend

the qb sucks

Read the East-West shrine game notes. Just google it, and he is at the top of most scouts list as most impressive QB at the practices. SB Nation is raving about his size, arm strength and accuracy

Look, I am a complete HOMER on Mathews, and to be honest, I was just hoping he could show enough to get into the 7th round, but one report already has him as a "mid-round" pick.

If you watched him and he "sucks" fine, but I noticed you were visiting your girlfriend, can you send in her assessment of Mathews?

Read the East-West shrine game notes. Just google it, and he is at the top of most scouts list as most impressive QB at the practices. SB Nation is raving about his size, arm strength and accuracy

Look, I am a complete HOMER on Mathews, and to be honest, I was just hoping he could show enough to get into the 7th round, but one report already has him as a "mid-round" pick.

If you watched him and he "sucks" fine, but I noticed you were visiting your girlfriend, can you send in her assessment of Mathews?

Or her assessment of your "visit"?

she doesnt football so the only game she went to was the harvard cornell game i came up for.

The dudes big and strong looking but he didnt seem like an NFL athlete. He looked on par with the team he was playing against and NFL>harvard lol

If he was playing against the SEC i think hed struggle

she doesnt football so the only game she went to was the harvard cornell game i came up for.

The dudes big and strong looking but he didnt seem like an NFL athlete. He looked on par with the team he was playing against and NFL>harvard lol

If he was playing against the SEC i think hed struggle

Yeah, I went to the Harvard game (obviously, I am a season ticket holder), and he did not have one of his better games that day, but I attended many games where he would throw for near 500 and 6 TDS, and I know the competition was weak, but the dude has a cannon and made some incredible throws. We were regularly getting 5-10 scouts for all his games, and he seems like a nice kid, who has an NFL frame.6' 4", about 230. We shall see.

Yeah, I went to the Harvard game (obviously, I am a season ticket holder), and he did not have one of his better games that day, but I attended many games where he would throw for near 500 and 6 TDS, and I know the competition was weak, but the dude has a cannon and made some incredible throws. We were regularly getting 5-10 scouts for all his games, and he seems like a nice kid, who has an NFL frame.6' 4", about 230. We shall see.

sounds like simms just taller

sounds like simms just taller

Maybe, but unlike Simms, from what I have been hearing and reading, he now has a real shot at being drafted. Considering that besides basically:

Ed Marinaro

Pete Gogolak

Kevin Boothe

are about our only drafted players to play in the NFL, it would be pretty cool for our school to have its QB drafted by an NFL team.

I am really looking forward to Saturdays East-West shrine game to see how he does.

Archived