Could Woody be fined by the NFL for tampering on the Revis comments?

joewilly12

he knows how the business works, but i think he has a "rich mans' take that he is above it all.

Revis wanted to sign with the jets last March.  He didn't get an offer. Why, I don't know but it was speculated that Woody did not want to deal with him again. The pats are now renegotiating with Revis. Revis now knows that the owner of his 1st choice team now wants him and will pay him the 32 mill deal that the pats are having difficulty with. How can you not see that as in impediment in the pats attempt for Revis to take less money?

I have never believed this. Revis was as interested in re-signing with the Jets as he was interested in signing with anyone who was the top bidder.

If he took any lower amount it would have been with a contender, like NE, to somehow prove to the rest of the NFL that his presence is the difference between winning and losing a SB and they should cut $4M from other players' salaries and pony up the $16M he feels he deserves. Because his "problem" was the prior season Tampa paid him $16M and they still ended up 4-12. In other words, I believe if - IF - he took a little less from an obvious contender in NE, he did it as sort of an investment for his earnings going forward.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jerry jones spoke on the phone directly with AP about peterson playing for the cowboys and didn't report it to anyone

nothing happened

bevell and the vikes HC contacted favre directly about him playing for the vikings before he was traded to the jets.  a complaint was filed, and the incident investigated

nothing happened

jerry jones spoke on the phone directly with AP about peterson playing for the cowboys and didn't report it to anyone

nothing happened

bevell and the vikes HC contacted favre directly about him playing for the vikings before he was traded to the jets.  a complaint was filed, and the incident investigated

nothing happened

Agree, most likely nothing will happen.

Worst possible is likely Johnson alone pays a fine, and if Revis re-signs with NE then it won't even be that. We're not losing draft picks, though. That would take Revis refusing to re-sign with NE and then signing with the Jets for something in the $11.5M range, and it would never, ever nearly approach our #1 pick. Even a lower pick is unlikely, as it was an off the cuff comment at a press conference, and was 99.9% likely unintentional. If he was trying to send a message to Revis he'd have done it in private through an intermediary person so he could deny it later as a baseless rumor.

That being said, Woody was still full-on moron mode to say he's interested in another team's star player, for the money he's currently making, right before that other team enters renegotiation talks with that player, and who's hitting free agency if those talks fail.

Archived