How do you build a scouting Dept.?

32EBoozer

With it appearing that McCagnan will be signed on to be the new GM, how will he begin revamping out College and potential FA Scouting Dept?

Does he keep the current infrastructure and just add a few key personnel just to get through this upcoming draft or does he gut Bradway and the majority of the regional scouts and bring in his own team(some of which may still be under contract with Houston) I guess any current scouts under contract would require some type of promotion to get out of their deal.

What usually occurs is the the new gm works with the existing FO staff.  Scouts contracts do not expire when the players do but sometime in May after the draft.  Teams are normally very reluctant to let scouts go before the draft, they paid for all that info that the gathered and they want to use it and not some other team.

What usually occurs is the the new gm works with the existing FO staff.  Scouts contracts do not expire when the players do but sometime in May after the draft.  Teams are normally very reluctant to let scouts go before the draft, they paid for all that info that the gathered and they want to use it and not some other team.

I would think they own it as well.  I doubt the scouts get to keep their files and go

Archived