The remaining critical moves (dropping dead weight - merged)

JohnnyLV

Rarely have I ever felt so strongly about an assistant coach below the coordinator level. Not a single Jets WR has improved even one iota during his tenure. I am optimistic about Todd Bowles. Skeptical about Gailey. Lal has gotta go... like yesterday.

Were they all tearing it up under Ellard?  Salas and Nelson probably had "career" years under the guy.  Kerley too.

I definitely want Dunbar retained, if Bowles thinks he can do the job then definitely promote him. Dunbar was the only coach that had his players ready to go every single week from the starters down to the back ups. You dont let guys go like that.

It's a lot easier to coach the DL when you have studs at every position.   Kind of like the DB coach when Revis and Cromartie were both in their prime.    I'm  not worried about Bowles fielding a competent D next year at all.  If anything, his DB background should help Pryor, Milliner, and MacDougal improve the secondary which was by far the weakest link on the team.  

It's a lot easier to coach the DL when you have studs at every position.   Kind of like the DB coach when Revis and Cromartie were both in their prime.    I'm  not worried about Bowles fielding a competent D next year at all.  If anything, his DB background should help Pryor, Milliner, and MacDougal improve the secondary which was by far the weakest link on the team.  

I agree. I think Bowles will help out greatly guys like Milliner and Pryor. I always like Dunbar because of the production of our back ups. I think thats where a positions coach should earn his pay. Dunbar had everyone assigned to him making an impact, not just the stars. 

Archived