Jets will make the Playoffs in 2015

bman

You have to see how the roster is after camp to say definity NO.. It's happened with the Fins in 08 once they got Chaddy cakes..

This is true but I dont see how anything shakes out from a roster perspective that puts the Jets in position to surpass the rest of the AFCE.  The best team in the conference with 2 teams who are up and coming...and the Jets who are lost.  Just dont see it.  Hope I'm wrong but 4-6 wins sounds about right to me.

The roster had fallen into disrepair before Idzik got a hold of it. They're more than just a QB and a couple CBs away. The LBs need an overhaul, the OL needs upgrading, safety continues to be a concern, they're thin at TE and have no #1 type WR...

Right now they don't have a 4th round pick, unless they cut Harvin - then they won't have a sixth. Not that I'm sure anyone is trading the Jets a starting QB for a fourth round pick, anyway. And obviously, QB is the big problem. 

Having a lot of cap space and a high pick is nice, it'll be very interesting to see what Maccagnan and Bowles choose to do with it. They're certainly in position to overhaul the roster. This team has a history of getting a new coach bump (last three head coaches all made the playoffs in their first year). It's possible. Team needs work, though. 

Actually I think you are underestimating the talent a bit; we have alot of young players who are still developing and the truth of the matter is if we had just average QB play and decent coaching we could have gone 6-10 or 8-8. But it's hard to win if your QB is turning the ball over 2-3 times a game.  If we can just eliminate the TOs, add a few pieces whether from players returning from injury (Milliner and Macdougle) and or FA and draft, we can be competitive.   If Bowles can coach up young players like Pryor, sign Cro, Marcus Williams continues to develop, our secondary can be much improved.  We do need to upgrade the LB, OL and bring a playmaking WR.   If we do those things we can be in every game. 

This is true but I dont see how anything shakes out from a roster perspective that puts the Jets in position to surpass the rest of the AFCE.  The best team in the conference with 2 teams who are up and coming...and the Jets who are lost.  Just dont see it.  Hope I'm wrong but 4-6 wins sounds about right to me.

Geno is the key (or whoever beats him out in camp).  If Gailey can work his magic with whomever the QB is, we can be a competitive team.  

Archived