Building a Champion from where u are

Tinstar

That's not my Idea. My Plan Involves 3 QBs.

Geno Smith = Prior starter

Chase Daniels = Challenger

Sean Mannion = Project

Paradis Plan is :

Geno Smith = Prior Starter

? = Challenger

Brandon Bridge = Project

Geno - hold over and defactor starter

Hoyer/Fitzpatrick/Jeff George - #2 that Geno has to outplay. 

Bridge - 3rd string project. He should never see the field in 2015.

Im watching him and the first thing that is obvious is that he has a cannon for an arm. His short range throws are accurate and he does throw a pretty deep ball that can hit his guys in stride. where I can see that he needs development is in his medium range throws. When he hits those mid throws it looks good, but he can be off at times and he also seems to have those Brett Favre moments where he relies on his arm power to fit it in. Also, what is obvious is that he can't throw across his body when running left. When on the run to the left he can't flex his body to make a throw so he has to tuck it more often than not. If I was playing against him I'd add pressure to the right side of his oline to push him left while playing contain on the left side of the oline. With that said though, he's really good when running to his right. I seen a couple throws where he was running for his life and put the ball right on the numbers. 

He's also a big dude and he does remind me of cam with that arm. And I say again, I seen about 5 or 6 deep balls and the trajectory is great and the WR's dont slow down at all and its right over the shoulder. The problem was his WR's sucked and dropped a few. There was one where he threw it splitting the safeties and the WR dropped the ball. When standing in the pocket he can hit a target. He does stare down his receivers and when he does and they're covered I seen him try to use his arm to fit instead of going to the next read. There were a couple plays where he fit it in against Mississippi st., but in the pros he's be walking to the sideline because he just threw a pick. 

Overall, he reminds me a little of a guy who came out last year, Logan Thomas from Virginia Tech, now an Arizona Cardinal. I like what Bruce Arians is doing with him. He's really developing him. Arians didnt panic with all his QB problems this year and throw Logan in when he knew he wasnt ready. This Bridge guy is raw. I looked at his stats and he hasn't played much on the collegiate level, but the talent is there. Let him sit a couple years with the right mentors and if he fills out that size and really learns the pro game he could be a starter for sure. I dont think he's as strong or as good running the ball as Logan was in college but Bridge is still a threat to tuck the ball for a 1st down. Nice find.

Not sure if you know Logan Thomas but this is his highlights from VT. He has one of the prettiest throws I've seen on a QB. He throws a pretty football. 

There's as many similarities as there are differences between Logan and Brandon. VT forced Logan to convert to QB from TE, and i do mean forced - he didn't want to (and IMO, shouldnt have). He's not a natural at the position and it showed a lot. He's got a ton of work ahead of him, but the upside is more appropriately comparable to Kaepernick (more so than Bridge who everyone is so anxious to compare Kap to)... Brandon's always been a QB, though he's from toronto, so it's taken that extra year or so to learn the position from a different game standpoint. (a little homegrown love there). Brandon turned down scholarships from bigger programs that wanted to convert him to WR/TE to stick with QB, and 2014 was first year playing all 13 games as a starter. I thought he did a heck of a job considering.

He's the definition of raw. His mechanics are barbaric at times, sloppy footwork, and he needs to learn look somewhere beside his first read.... but the clay is of the richest variety. There's a sculpture to mold a team could really be proud of. It's gonna take a couple years though. Thomas was even more primordial, just a bigger school. He does possess greater measurables though, and when he pulls the trigger and tucks the ball, he runs like Kaep if Kaep was a natural wideout. Scary.

If you're gonna take a guy in the mid rounds to groom, and you're out of options elsewhere, then the Logans, Bridges, the Bennets, even the Graysons - those are the ones you gotta gamble on. That's been my problem with Mannion. Best case scenario, you coach that guy up into a K-mart Drew Bledsoe with a weaker arm. What's the point? There's enough Matt Moores, and Chad Hennes floating around. 

Archived