Jets need to make a fairly unprecedented move

10 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

We need to fire Saleh before the start of the season.

If you saw any of the press conferences this weekend it is pretty clear that this guy is just completely not engaged.

He was lifeless, angry and sullen and showed no interest or passion about the draft or the team. He is already checked out.

There is nothing to suggest he is worth keeping. And before you say "defense" that is really a function of having Sauce, Reed, MC2 and the Williams brothers.

THE Jets will be a better team without him. Make Middleton or Ulbrich the head coach and move on. Saleh is in the bottom 3 of Jets coaches ever

Great way to reinforce the notion of the entire NFL & media that the Jets are a complete Clown Showhappy season 3 GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MykePM said:

image.thumb.png.9399a23ff888648d8389eef1245a36f7.png

You fool....who cares if he's happy and excited around the people he works with and his players(as evidenced by the draft pick phone calls), he needs to be happy in front of random ass beat writers otherwise his passion has clearly died and he should be put out to pasture.  I bet you're Bobby Saleh himself with this propaganda. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

You'd be sullen too, if your GM made a trade back and it made you miss your tee time. 

Saleh knew what he was getting into with Woody calling the QB shots. As far as I know Salehs paycheck never not cleared and he still was able to play plenty of golf. Perhaps theyre asking him to work a  bit harder this year.

• WTF? 1

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Saleh is one of the best, young coaches in the nfl.  He will lead us to 13 wins this year and get a big extension.

Accept it jet fans!!!!!!!!

I hope so! While I believe HCs must always be accountable for a team's failings, I hope it's not lost on this fan base that most every HC specializes on one side of the ball. The defenses under Saleh have been immense. Obviously a great HC needs to find a great coordinator to help manage the "other" side od the ball, but that's on everyone. Hopefully the offense is real next year and this defense can showcase why we have a chance to break that playoff streak!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

What was quite funny was the interviews with Saleh where he was asked by team reporters what he liked about Fashanu and Corley.

He had this "Why TF are you asking me about offensive players?" look on his face for a few seconds before he remembered that he is supposed to be the Head Coach, and he then launched into generic platitudes about toughness, gas, crows, etc.

Imo, Saleh is the real turd here (though he's been able to hide behind scapegoating a certain player).  He's shown no inclination to be anything more than a DC who has a HC's title and salary.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You have to let him coach more than a handful of games with a viable NFL QB. Zach Wilson would have ruined the career of literally every coach in the history of the sport, and the fact that Saleh got stuck with that turd for three years is simultaneously 1. his best excuse for failure and 2. the biggest black mark on his coaching record. 

We're not going to have AR8 for very long so, imo, we're taking a gigantic risk letting Saleh run this ship.  He's a solid DC but he hasn't shown much beyond that.  It was utterly laughable to me that Woody talked about Saleh getting more involved in the offense this year.  If that's really what's expected of him, I think we're in for a rough go of things.  I could see this team getting to the playoffs based on talent but I feel like we're going to be at a major disadvantage when it comes to him trying to outsmart Andy Reid, John Harbaugh or someone like that in the postseason.  Imo, Saleh is the real turd.

"One thing about head coaches is you get better as you get more experience. And he's going to concentrate on offense," Johnson said. "He's got Jeff [Ulbrich] to do the defense. And we've got good special teams. It's offense, offense, offense."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

This might be in the top 10 worst threads of all time only because you are serious.  

It's too late to change now but the day Mike Vrabel was fired, JD should've been on the phone with him.  

How good are you going to feel about the coaching matchup if the Jets get to the postseason and Robert Saleh is matched up against Andy Reid or John Harbaugh?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1