Old man Shula still taking stabs at the Patriots whenever he can.

CanadienJetsFan

I fondly remember the beatdown a very mediocre Patriots team led by Tony Eason gave his Dan Marino-led Dolphins in the 1986 AFCC.

After the game, I remember thinking: "Don Shula, you may have choked against my clown show of a team, but at least you choked with a lot of class and a lot of dignity. And you choked the right way, as always." Godspeed, Don Shula.

Bet this is at the heart of his hatred. Shula has talked about many times. Cheating started early in NE

post-9828-0-48274900-1431378471_thumb.jp

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm personally lovin' this....

Don Shula tweaks the Patriots: We didn’t deflate any balls

Hall of Fame coach Don Shula has never hidden his contempt for Patriots coach Bill Belichick. So when Shula appeared today at a 50th anniversary celebration of the Dolphins franchise, it was no surprise that he took a shot at the Patriots.

Shula referenced Deflategate in his comments, contrasting the way the Dolphins won with class with the way Beli-cheat, as Shula calls him, wins with something less than class.

“Always done with a lot of class. A lot of dignity. Always done the right way. We didn’t deflate any balls,” Shula said, via Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.

The 85-year-old Shula has been retired for two decades, but he’s still fiercely protective of the legacy of his teams, and ornery about the teams who don’t — in Shula’s opinion — play the game the right way. This wasn’t the first time we’ve heard Shula rip the Patriots, and it likely won’t be the last.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/09/don-shula-tweaks-the-patriots-we-didnt-deflate-any-balls/

I still have visions of Shula watering down the field before the AFC Championship Game.  Hypocrite

Archived