Wilkerson reports for Jets minicamp

JetCane

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) -- Muhammad Wilkerson is back with his teammates, even though he's not happy about his contract situation.

The New York Jets defensive end reported for the team's mandatory minicamp Tuesday despite still looking for a long-term extension that he expected to be taken care of by now.

''I'm frustrated, yeah,'' Wilkerson said before practice. ''I thought that a deal would be made, but at the end of the day, it's a business. These things take time.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mo-shows-frustrated-wilkerson-reports-jets-minicamp-174215574--nfl.html

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) -- Muhammad Wilkerson is back with his teammates, even though he's not happy about his contract situation.

The New York Jets defensive end reported for the team's mandatory minicamp Tuesday despite still looking for a long-term extension that he expected to be taken care of by now.

''I'm frustrated, yeah,'' Wilkerson said before practice. ''I thought that a deal would be made, but at the end of the day, it's a business. These things take time.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mo-shows-frustrated-wilkerson-reports-jets-minicamp-174215574--nfl.html

He's not the first person in the world to go to work unhappy. Just kill it this year and all will be sprinkles and candied nuts.

I think the Jets are doing this the right way. They're not screwing him over or anything. He's under contract and will be paid a hair under $7 mil this year. If he lights it up, which he hasn't really done in truth, he gets the bigger money. I understand wanting more of course, but this makes perfect sense. 

He's not the first person in the world to go to work unhappy. Just kill it this year and all will be sprinkles and candied nuts.

I think the Jets are doing this the right way. They're not screwing him over or anything. He's under contract and will be paid a hair under $7 mil this year. If he lights it up, which he hasn't really done in truth, he gets the bigger money. I understand wanting more of course, but this makes perfect sense. 

Actually he has, I think in 2012 he had 10 sacks I believe...could be wrong though. He's been in the top 100 players of the NFL countdown the past 2 seasons, usually players that "aren't lighting it up" don't sniff that list...unless your a patriot.

Actually he has, I think in 2012 he had 10 sacks I believe...could be wrong though. He's been in the top 100 players of the NFL countdown the past 2 seasons, usually players that "aren't lighting it up" don't sniff that list...unless your a patriot.

I hear ya, but let's not forget he's coming off of a less than 8 sack injury plagued season here.  And 10 sacks in the first place is nice and all, but not in the lighting it up category in my opinion.  I'm well aware of the varied assignments and that sacks aren't everything etc, but still.

Your point is understood though. 

Archived