With Fitz at QB, we might see Nick Folk as Jets MVP

SouthernJet

If and I say BIG IF, the jets play lights out Top 3-5 Defense this year there is chance w/Game managing QB at helm, Folk could be the Big Man on Campus.

I think Jets will rely more on run game, obviously less scrambling, sprint out QB routes. Geno gives you dimension of rollouts and making defense adjust.

But if Defense can play top caliber that eventually (as Tuna used to say was key to game) 'shrink the field for the offense'.

If Defense can start handing ball over to Offense at 40ish yd line  (remember old Phil Simms Giants, they used to get ball near midfield by end 1st/beginning of 2nd qtr) Fitz can manage the game, throw it away if no one open and with a few 1st downs be in Folk range at quite a high % of possessions.

I dont care if we win ugly, I am not into the 'I paid thousands for my tickets I want offensive fireworks' guy. Just Ws, any way they come.

One can hope. I aslo think IF this happens, Geno will learn form it and see that when you have a Top5 Defense, sometimes taking peddle of metal isnt a bad thing. I remember Giants winning SB's and the regular season Ws were like 17-10, 14-7, 20-13 etc etc...

Bottom Line, Geno, Fitz, Petty or Max.......... Bleed Green and J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

I expect we'll be scoring more TD's in the Red Zone (Geno was awful in this category) but also have some back-breaking INT's in there, so no, I disagree Folk will be the MVP. 

The big winners in all of this are going to be Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.  Honorable mention Jace Amaro.

I expect we'll be scoring more TD's in the Red Zone (Geno was awful in this category) but also have some back-breaking INT's in there, so no, I disagree Folk will be the MVP. 

The big winners in all of this are going to be Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker.  Honorable mention Jace Amaro.

I agree w/more redzone TDs, agree 100% with you. But, I think we will see more conversions that were lost last year by large sacks or panicky pickoffs etc. Add in that I am pretty sure we will be more run heavy that we thought we might be 2 days ago...

But who knows.. 

Just my Ole man scenario :)

Go JETS and Go Seahawks (UNCW Seahawks) :)

Archived