Observations On the Browns Game

David Harris

By "still have no pass rush" you guys mean top 10 in sacks in the NFL, right?  Cause they are 7th in 2015.  They were 6th in 2014, and 13th in 2013.

A Dominator is a dominant player that dominates.  It is getting like there/their/they're.

Thank you.  The only thing that "concerned" me was some of those blitzes didnt do a damn thing and were almost telegraphed.  Manziel picked up on a few pretty easy and threw the ball right to where the blitz was coming from.  I think Cleveland just did a really good job of picking them up and blocking accordingly.  They've got a very talented OL and see similar blitzes in practice.  Hopefully its just that. 

We did okay with that.  I seem to remember a few years back a Jet (can't remember who - maybe Harris) said that pressure better than a sack if it caused a turnover.  We had 4 turnovers (not counting one on offense), 2 directly related to pressure - one on good coverage and a run, and one can be argued about pressure.

One big difference this year - we were up (by a good margin) in the second half - Cleveland needed to give up on the run and pass; the defense could pin their ears back and rush.  Sure, Manzeil ran for a bit, but we were covering deep and playing a little soft.  We got the turnovers, we got the pressure and most importantly, we got the win.

When we are behind, the other team runs or throws high completion passes and it is harder to get a good rush.

We did okay with that.  I seem to remember a few years back a Jet (can't remember who - maybe Harris) said that pressure better than a sack if it caused a turnover.  We had 4 turnovers (not counting one on offense), 2 directly related to pressure - one on good coverage and a run, and one can be argued about pressure.

One big difference this year - we were up (by a good margin) in the second half - Cleveland needed to give up on the run and pass; the defense could pin their ears back and rush.  Sure, Manzeil ran for a bit, but we were covering deep and playing a little soft.  We got the turnovers, we got the pressure and most importantly, we got the win.

When we are behind, the other team runs or throws high completion passes and it is harder to get a good rush.

Archived