1000 yards and Runnin

jetsfan719

Impressive.  

Walker averaged over 20 per 4 years in a row.  Twice.  

He also finished one yard shy of 20 per for his career!

Imagine the numbers they would put up with today's rules? 

And Walker was legally blind in one eye plus he had Terrible Todd as his QB.. Wes had some great stats yet never caught more then 61 in a season.. In 1978 he had 48 catches for close to 1200 yds, 8 tds and avg 24.4 ypc

Before I make the following comment, I want to make clear that I don't think Geno should be starting or that I want him to start, but...

Can you imagine how pissed Geno must be that, due to his own stupidity, he never got a chance to throw to these guys on a regular basis?

He should be pissed that he forgot to mail that $600 check....

And Walker was legally blind in one eye plus he had Terrible Todd as his QB.. Wes had some great stats yet never caught more then 61 in a season.. In 1978 he had 48 catches for close to 1200 yds, 8 tds and avg 24.4 ypc

He was an amazing deep threat

Wes Walker was indeed great and I caught him during his tail end of his career. He had speed and explosiveness that is rarely seen. Also the combination later in his career of having Toon and Shuler did help a great deal. BM is just what we needed and we have not had a dominant receiver since Key and Wayne. I love Jericho but he was average at best.

Archived