- Woody fired Ryan and kept Idzik

- Woody conducted a "phony" week long search

- Woody came to the conclusion that continuity was important and
elevated Dennis Thurman to HC

- Thurman keeps Mornhinweg as OC and hires Pettine as DC

How livid would you be for that press conference???  Amazing how
"continuity" is so important when your team has been 19-29 over
the past three years

It's not the same thing, not even close. Everyone knew who called the defensive game for the Jets and it wasn't  Thurman.  On the Giants, McAdoo run the offense and called the plays.  The Giants kept the DC who they hold in high regards as a possible future HCing candidate  while allowinh their new HC to work with a former HC who he's familiar with having worked with when both were on the packers staff.

IMHO, it's a solid plan.  Only time will tell just how solid.

It's not the same thing, not even close. Everyone knew who called the defensive game for the Jets and it wasn't  Thurman.  On the Giants, McAdoo run the offense and called the plays.  The Giants kept the DC who they hold in high regards as a possible future HCing candidate  while allowinh their new HC to work with a former HC who he's familiar with having worked with when both were on the packers staff.

IMHO, it's a solid plan.  Only time will tell just how solid.

HC is a significantly different position than OC and DC. To the OP's point they did this for continuity because Eli wanted to keep the same offense. If McAdoo thinks he can be HC and keep doing what he did last year he's gravely mistaken. The Giants have been inept in both sides of the ball, mostly at the fault of the GM. But up to this point nothing has really stood out making McAdoo HC material other than the fact Eli doesn't want to learn a new system at 35 years old. If Eli was 25 this move never happens. I also don't buy for a second that the Eagles were going to hire him. I think they were trying to hurry the Giants into hiring him themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived