A few locker room fight stories I heard this week

AFJF

Heard three of 'em this week on sports radio and thought I'd share because these stories rarely become public knowledge and shows how IK/Geno isn't as rare as some think...although a QB being involved does make it a little different.

First one was Jeremiah Trotter talking about his time with the Redskins.  Had a dispute with Lavarr Arrington during a game and Arrington was going off on Trotter going way over the top. Trotter let it slide but told teammates he'd do something about it if Arrington brought it up again.  During film session that week, when that particular play was shown, defensive coordinator said Trotter was right to do what he did on the play.  Arrington lost it, started screaming at Trotter and came at him.  Trotter says he landed an overhand right that laid him out.

Hugh Douglas had some not so kind words for Terrell Owens in regards to him being a woman when they were with the Eagles.  He came in to the gym one day and didn't realize T.O. was in the room because Brian Westbrook was in his way and Westbrook asked him why he said what he did about T.O.  Douglas said something along the lines of "I said it because he is a woman".  At that point he saw T.O. looking back at him from a pool and T.O. climbed out and they got in to it.  A couple of punches were thrown before they took each other to the ground. Then T.O. goes in to the locker room, looks directly at McNabb when he's asking if anybody else "wants some".

Charlie Garner knocked out Ricky Watters over $25K debt in a card game.  Pots got big so Ricky played on an IOU.  After some time passed he told Charlie Garner he wasn't going to pay him, so Garner laid him out.

I'm sure over the years there have been hundreds of punches thrown in locker rooms.  

The difference with Smith was, seldom do QB's get into fights.  Players are aware of how important a QB is to the teams success.  If a situation starts to get out of hand usually an OL  steps in between them.  Maybe they'll be some pushing, and cursing, but everyone moves off.

In the IK-Smith thing, from what we know, nobody intervened.  If Smith just got punched in the face, and his jaw didn't break, We probably wouldn't even know about it.  Once his jaw was broken, and he couldn't play, the genie was out of the bottle, no putting him back 

Archived