Jets in Danger of Losing Linebacker, Henderson?

UnknownJetFan

Link is below, but my point here is putting on my rookie GM hat, Mac should not have spent the huge money last year on 4 DBs when we could have done the 3, not signed Cro and kept back 8M and carried that money over to this 2016 season for additional cap space. We could have then let CB Williams start who could not have had a worse overall season than Cro and with that extra 8M had no trouble keeping Henderson below and maybe even 1 other FA about to go like NT Snacks or RB Powell. We are now going to lose a lot of these guys and hopefully MAC can back fill with enough mid to lower tier FAs, trades, and some draft picks where there is not much of a drop off. It is what it is, but being more of an idealist I was hoping to not take a big step back next year. We'll need MAC to hit some home runs in these areas this year with limited resources, as well as Bowles doing an even better coaching job in any areas he was weak in.

http://www.jetnation.com/2016/03/08/jets-in-danger-of-losing-linebacker-henderson/

A lot of teams have a lot of money this year. Some of the contracts are just crazy. We have no cap space, I don't think we can keep Mo under the tag, I think that's a tag and trade. So it would not surprise me if we managed to keep any one our impending FA players.

In 20-20 hindsight the signing of Cro was ill advised, but Bowles had him on a very good Cardinals D and wanted him. It happens, but we are feeling affects of it now when we could have been probably even better off with CB Williams manning that spot. But most every other move other than that Mac made he significantly improved us like Fitz, Marshall, Carpenter, etc. on O. And on D Revis, Gilchrist, and Skrine, did add a necessary upgrade in the secondary. Obviously DE Williams and OLB Mauldin were very good draft picks and we did get a potential QB prospect that we needed, but this year out of the 6 or so draft picks at least 4 out of 6 are going to have to contribute on one side of the ball and probably STs to stay near playoff contention.    

Archived