Marshall and Decker record video for Fitz

AFJF

19 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's all PR nonsense.

If they wanted Fitz to come back they pick up a phone or fly to his house and sit down with him.

To me it's childish and does nothing to help the Jets organization except cause more problems for our second year GM.

they where together at the Ranger game tonight with Mangold,petty, and Suddfeld. Does that count? Show how little we all know about what goes on behind the scenes.  Nice little video by Decker. 

21 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Obviously these guys know nothing about football if they want that scrub Fitzpatrick back, who is a below average QB. They need to learn the game like our resident experts have.

I guess they forgot that Fitz left 7-9 million dollars per year on the table because he's "Ryan Fitzpatrick". True GM's they are. I have to admit that Im sticking with the resident experts on this one. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I guess they forgot that Fitz left 7-9 million dollars per year on the table because he's "Ryan Fitzpatrick". True GM's they are. I have to admit that Im sticking with the resident experts on this one. 

Naturally, you ARE one of the resident experts :) And who said anything about those guys being GM's??

27 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Naturally, you ARE one of the resident experts :) And who said anything about those guys being GM's??

You didnt say it specifically, but using the fact that these guys made a video as a reason why Fitz is somehow deserving of being the returning starter sounds as if you felt like those guys knew better than our GM. 

I did know that I was one of those resident experts...hence my reason responding to ya! lol. ;)

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

You didnt say it specifically, but using the fact that these guys made a video as a reason why Fitz is somehow deserving of being the returning starter sounds as if you felt like those guys knew better than our GM. 

I did know that I was one of those resident experts...hence my reason responding to ya! lol. ;)

You brought in the money angle of it.... And I would argue, after JoeWilly, you may be THE resident expert ;)

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

You brought in the money angle of it.... And I would argue, after JoeWilly, you may be THE resident expert ;)

This is true, I did bring the money angle to it. I didnt even think Fitz was worth the 7-9 million the Jets initially offered. He's a back up. 

And JoeWilly is one of my favorite posters here! ^_^

On the first day of the New York Jets' offseason program, Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall sent video clips of plays from last season to their unsigned quarterback. It was a clever recruiting pitch, a way to let Fitzpatrick know they were thinking about him. 

Decker wouldn't give many details on the content of the video. He said they were "messing" with Fitzpatrick, highlighting areas that need to be improved. It sounds like he and Marshall spliced together some plays; it's unclear if they actually spoke on video to the free-agent quarterback.

Most likely his greatest INTs collection. 

On April 19, 2016 at 5:34 AM, Charlie Brown said:

Thanks.  

I think that it is impressive that these guys did this.  

It does say how much Fitz is respected in that locker room and the Jets have weighed that respect in terms of monetary value.   

True, this is better than sending a video to Mac begging the team to meet at Fitz's terms.

On April 19, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Mainejet said:

Fitz is our best option. With that said, Fitz will return to earth this season almost guaranteed. He will never duplicate the success he had last season, and that great season as we are referring to it as never resulted in the playoffs. It is what it is for the time being. NO QB we draft is ready to start day 1.

The key point is that he will return to the Jets and continue losing to winning teams and beating weak teams. If he's stillstruggling with accuracy at this stage of his career, he always will. He probably wants 3 years 45mil 30 mil gareenteed.

Pay the man.

Archived