Ijalana vs Qvale

NYs Stepchild

Interesting stat may or may not mean anything with small sample size.

Ijjy in for 5 series 1 FG 3TDs

Qvale in for 6 drives 2 FGs 1 TD. 

Both did okay, but Ijjy had less mistakes, and even some impact run blocking. Definitely Ben looks more comfortable. Nice to have an extra tackle and now an extra guard for depth. Johnson looked like he belonged, and the line looked pretty good as a unit with all 3 of them.  

So, with that said, for what purpose or for how long does it go that we need to keep Breno around?. Another how many games with the few mistakes we are seeing basically shows that these rotation tackles make less mistakes than Breno and between both of them probably make half or a 3rd of the money his 5M is using up. I guess the other question is that can Breno be cut and save the 4.5M cap space they claimed we would have saved prior to the start of the season, or is his contract for this year now guarenteed all or some of that now that the season began?. He is a vested vet so I suppose it could depend how the contract is drawn up. I wouldn't be stating this, but with only just over 400K in cap space every week when a starter almost gets seriously injured, if we need to pick up another vet we then again have to restructure someone else like we just did with Skrine. It's OK for guys like him that should provide good value for then length of their contract, but we don't want to do it to any player over 30 at this point.    

56 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

So, with that said, for what purpose or for how long does it go that we need to keep Breno around?. Another how many games with the few mistakes we are seeing basically shows that these rotation tackles make less mistakes than Breno and between both of them probably make half or a 3rd of the money his 5M is using up. I guess the other question is that can Breno be cut and save the 4.5M cap space they claimed we would have saved prior to the start of the season, or is his contract for this year now guarenteed all or some of that now that the season began?. He is a vested vet so I suppose it could depend how the contract is drawn up. I wouldn't be stating this, but with only just over 400K in cap space every week when a starter almost gets seriously injured, if we need to pick up another vet we then again have to restructure someone else like we just did with Skrine. It's OK for guys like him that should provide good value for then length of their contract, but we don't want to do it to any player over 30 at this point.    

Asking out of ignorance ... Not disagreement

what is saved by releasing Breno now?

10 minutes ago, ljr said:

Asking out of ignorance ... Not disagreement

what is saved by releasing Breno now?

I can't find that definitive information either. I know if he's on the active roster game 1 his salary is guaranteed but I don't think it is on the PUP. 

We may be keeping him just in case while we can and may cut him when he passes his physical. As far as I know he could be milking this injury knowing he would be cut. 

If they cut him before the season he would have to receive an injury settlement. If they have no timetable for his return it could be the entire year. Back pain is chronic and unprovable. 

Archived