49ers contemplating QB change

Integrity28

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

Difference of opinion. You fail to recognize that and call it bad logic when indeed your logic is what has holes in it. 

Logic is logic. Your arguments defy it. Has zero to do with opinion. There's plenty of pro-Geno content I ignore, because while I disagree with the opinion part, I respect the logic being used to inform opinion.

You're not in that camp.

No matter what the 49ers want to win.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/final-hurdle-to-starting-report-says-49ers-and-kaepernick-close-to-new-deal-201704243.html

"Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported that Kaepernick and the 49ers are close to a restructured deal that would “alleviate concerns regarding injury guarantees.” Rapoport said the deal would eliminate 2017 guarantees and cut the final three years off the deal, meaning it would run through 2018 (and Rapoport said it could void after this season). The timing can’t be coincidental. The 49ers offense struggled in an ugly 33-21 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Fans chanted for Kaepernick, though Gabbert never came out.

If the new deal gets done, perhaps the next step is the 49ers naming Kaepernick the starter............"

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Logic is logic. Your arguments defy it. Has zero to do with opinion. There's plenty of pro-Geno content I ignore, because while I disagree with the opinion part, I respect the logic being used to inform opinion.

You're not in that camp.

imagegif

Based on what I've read the players don't want Kap. And didn't want him last season. At that time they preferred Gabbert. Now reportedly they want Christian Ponder who like Gabbert is a failed former high draft pick. But the problem with the team is his contract. Similar to RG3 last year with Wash. If they play him and he gets injured they are responsible for the rest of his contract. So the team is trying to get him to renegotiate that out of his deal. And if he agrees they might play him. But this past off season Kap was not willing to change his contract at all and that's the key reason he wasn't traded to Denver. 

Archived